MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

HRS

Jul 4, 2019
I've been following this thread also and interested to see when people are getting their orders. I ordered through Leasing Options on sept 24th and been given a delivery date of Dec 17th. Seems way too good to be true considering some of the times other people are waiting on.

Anyone else experienced something similar? I ordered a Leon Lux with no options in Emocion Red btw

I ordered a non-lux on the 10th July and my expected delivery date is the same as yours. I ordered with Leasing Options, so maybe you've got the slot of somebody that cancelled and ordered around the same time. I do have a confirmed BW of 44.

Dominic Murphy

Oct 18, 2019
I ordered a non-lux on the 10th July and my expected delivery date is the same as yours. I ordered with Leasing Options, so maybe you've got the slot of somebody that cancelled and ordered around the same time. I do have a confirmed BW of 44.
Interesting, didn't think of that. Just feel like it's too good to be true. Would like to feel a bit more confident about the date before I cancel my current lease.

deano1988

Aug 15, 2019
I Ordered 8th of october from LO and a Leon Lux no option in mystery blue and was given the data of Jan 6th
I expect that order to be rejected by the factory as they are not doing the Cupra in that colour any more are they? Have you checked with Seat UK support if the order has been accepted etc?

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
MY20 Cupra's are not available in the red and blue - the same issue arose on MY19's for a few on here when another colour was discontinued then. Some got some dealer fit extras and/or £250 vouchers as compensation from SEAT UK for taking the car and not cancelling - definitely find out before ASAP and get the ball rolling.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
MY20 Cupra's are not available in the red and blue - the same issue arose on MY19's for a few on here when another colour was discontinued then. Some got some dealer fit extras and/or £250 vouchers as compensation from SEAT UK for taking the car and not cancelling - definitely find out before ASAP and get the ball rolling.

You can get Emocion Red but not Desire Red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
I’m in exactly the same boat, hatchback arriving at dealers today, no documents, number plate or anything and my current lease vehicle goes back today. Effectively car less and nationwide have point black refused to help me speed it up. Asked for the SLI number when ordered and they refused to give me that for data protection. I asked to speak to the dealership directly to get a number plate organised so that finance documents can be signed, guess what, they can’t give me the dealers details.

It's so frustrating, in this day and age to be so in the dark about everything is crazy. My current car is being taken away next Thursday, I live in London so can generally survive without a car, but with two kids it's not ideal. I'm sure it will be worth it when it finally arrives, but the whole experience has been poor with little communication.

Dominic Murphy

Oct 18, 2019
It's so frustrating, in this day and age to be so in the dark about everything is crazy. My current car is being taken away next Thursday, I live in London so can generally survive without a car, but with two kids it's not ideal. I'm sure it will be worth it when it finally arrives, but the whole experience has been poor with little communication.
Yeah agreed. I didn't know anything about the change in spec for the MY20 either, was only after stumbling across this thread that I found out. Annoying too as I really would've preferred the leather over the microsuede

ramsayn

Aug 26, 2019
I’m in exactly the same boat, hatchback arriving at dealers today, no documents, number plate or anything and my current lease vehicle goes back today. Effectively car less and nationwide have point black refused to help me speed it up. Asked for the SLI number when ordered and they refused to give me that for data protection. I asked to speak to the dealership directly to get a number plate organised so that finance documents can be signed, guess what, they can’t give me the dealers details.
Ouch, my finance papers had a registration number on them, one more thing to note, when you get the papers it will tell you there is a 14 day cancellation window and they won’t deliver the car until that’s up. That was a surprise to me, another 10 days or so of walking and public transport to go I guess.

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019

I rang nationwide earlier and got a much more helpful gent. He has now escalated it with admin and i am due to have my documents & number plate sent over by tomorrow (doubt it since its a saturday). He said he will make a note on my account that i am without a vehicle, in the hope that it speeds up my process a little more. Still think im looking at two weeks from today though.

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
Ouch, my finance papers had a registration number on them, one more thing to note, when you get the papers it will tell you there is a 14 day cancellation window and they won’t deliver the car until that’s up. That was a surprise to me, another 10 days or so of walking and public transport to go I guess.

Luckily my sisters partner works in contract law and has told me to ring the finance company and have them record on phone that i would like to waive my right to the 14 day cancellation.

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019

Nationwide state on their website that it takes on average 5 days from the time the car is with the supplier until delivery, so I guess they don't have that 14 day period, or at least I hope not! :banghead2

"On average, there is a 5 working day turnaround from your vehicle landing at the dealership to arriving at your front door"

The Banker

Aug 9, 2019
Seems to be a few here saying they cancelled their Cupras from Leasing Options. Did you get your admin fees back?

ramsayn

Aug 26, 2019
Nationwide state on their website that it takes on average 5 days from the time the car is with the supplier until delivery, so I guess they don't have that 14 day period, or at least I hope not! :banghead2

"On average, there is a 5 working day turnaround from your vehicle landing at the dealership to arriving at your front door"
Mines is with Nationwide

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Found it. Apparently my oil requires changing in over 500 days! Similar to the major service time. I must drive like a grandad
Wow. I have haven't driven this car hard yet either so it seems a bit odd. My commute to work is only 3 miles each way so maybe that's it?

What kind of journeys and mileage have you been doing?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Wow. I have haven't driven this car hard yet either so it seems a bit odd. My commute to work is only 3 miles each way so maybe that's it?

What kind of journeys and mileage have you been doing?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
First journey was a 400 mile round trip then after that I've been doing around 40 to 60 miles a week made up of 20 to 30 mile journeys. My average mpg is shockingly low. I've done just over 1k miles in 3 months. I don't use it for commuting as the traffic round where I live is horrendous. So it's just used for fun / family outings.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members