Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Logged Stage 2 APR file on both Momentum 99 and Shell Nitro+

Momentum 99 was pulling a lot more timing than Nitro+

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
Although it's not a cupra I have been using momentum since I got the car a few months ago. I did put one lot of Esso supreme but didn't think it was any better and definitely not for the extra money. Momentum is only about 3p per litre more than the branded standard stuff where I am so I figure for the small amount extra I'll just put the momentum in. Plus momentum does have extra additives pompared to their standard fuel so is probably on a level par at least with branded standard fuel but with the extra octane boost. Seems to run very nice and smooth on it.

mitchybenny

Oct 19, 2019
I use momentum in my Cupra. Runs nice. I would like to put V-Power in but it’s horrendously expensive here. Tesco regular is 1.27, momentum is 1.34 and V-Power is 1.52!!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I use momentum in my Cupra. Runs nice. I would like to put V-Power in but it’s horrendously expensive here. Tesco regular is 1.27, momentum is 1.34 and V-Power is 1.52!!

That’s a rip off. V Power is £1.34 where I live and I regularly get a voucher for 7 or 8p of a litre which drops the price to around 1.27/1.28p per litre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Daily Meme

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Tesco momentum on the Cupra.

The extra clubcard points earned have saved me a couple of hundred quid on entry to Thomasland and soft play centres this year :D

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Found a barely noticeable difference between shell fuelsave and vpower in my 1.4 TSI, it does sound smoother on vpower though but I never noticed any performance gain, but my engine is totally stock

What's shell nitro+?

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018

It would pull more timing with momentum 99 as its 99 RON over Shell's 97 or 98 (can't remember)

Octane is an inhibitor which allows the compression to be higher before the fuel detonates (pre ignition / pinking) which is bad for the engine. In order to over come detonation the timing is advanced to send the spark to ignite the fuel before it detonates..

Higher octane means that the compression can get higher and therefore the timing retarded to suit.

Reactions: Zer0

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
That’s a rip off. V Power is £1.34 where I live and I regularly get a voucher for 7 or 8p of a litre which drops the price to around 1.27/1.28p per litre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get the shell app too, they are always offering bonuses if you fill up with V-power.

Reactions: Maypack

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
It would pull more timing with momentum 99 as its 99 RON over Shell's 97 or 98 (can't remember)

Octane is an inhibitor which allows the compression to be higher before the fuel detonates (pre ignition / pinking) which is bad for the engine. In order to over come detonation the timing is advanced to send the spark to ignite the fuel before it detonates..

Higher octane means that the compression can get higher and therefore the timing retarded to suit.

Shell is 99 as well.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Shell is 99 as well.
In my experience working at Lubrizol. Shell used the better of our additive packs. It might not do much in terms of performance due to fuel composition, but it has the better engine cleaning compounds in it meaning increased performance in the long term.

I get better fuel consumption when using V-power compared to any other premium fuel. I have not used Tesco's premium fuel though.

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
In my experience working at Lubrizol. Shell used the better of our additive packs. It might not do much in terms of performance due to fuel composition, but it has the better engine cleaning compounds in it meaning increased performance in the long term.

I get better fuel consumption when using V-power compared to any other premium fuel. I have not used Tesco's premium fuel though.
How does Texaco stack up with additive packages? I just use the standard 95 stuff.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Already use it. That’s what I get my 7p and 8p off vouchers. At the moment I’ve got a £1.50 voucher which equates to 4p off with my usually tank refill.

I've got a £1.60 voucher... but my local is still closed!!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
How far to the next one?

8 miles I think... it looks like the garage off Hills have Eyes... but they have a V-Power pump at the back with the old analogue style counter on it. My concern being the amount of cobwebs on the nozzle.

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
8 miles I think... it looks like the garage off Hills have Eyes... but they have a V-Power pump at the back with the old analogue style counter on it. My concern being the amount of cobwebs on the nozzle.
Fuel can go off and loose RON over time. If possible always get it from a busy station otherwise you paying for 98 and getting lower.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
How does Texaco stack up with additive packages? I just use the standard 95 stuff.

Unsure, I always saw them as being one of the less premium brands. However, a friend i worked with at Lubrizol said their premium fuel is comparable with BP. I'd need to do some more digging to find out whats actually in it though.

Reactions: hilly81

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Fuel can go off and loose RON over time. If possible always get it from a busy station otherwise you paying for 98 and getting lower.

Yeah, I thought summat happened to the fuel if it just sat there. Hope when they have finished work on my local station it's still a Shell!!

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Dunno about older cupras but my 68 reg says on the fuel cap to use 97+ Ron, like someone mentioned it won't run to its potential on standard stuff.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.