Goodbye SEAT?... Hello SEAT!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I was at the dealership for some bits and bobs and whilst there I was magically introduced to a brand new Ateca Cupra!

It had a new glass type touch screen from the Arona/Ibiza as well as some tasty alcantara seats along with the Beats sound system along with the usual high specs!

I was so tempted that I sat down with the sales guy and we tried out some numbers and found it would work out for me in my favour. (Nearly new Leon Cupra's are in high demand)

Unfortunately there wasn't a demo car to test until the weekend but as an owner of a Leon Cupra (and Ateca diesel, albeit briefly) it's looking promising!

Does anyone have experience of switching from Leon to Cupra Ateca?
c04bda1effb2e8c565522094ef154122.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
You won’t be disappointed. A fast, practical car.. for an SUV it’s very well balanced and nimble!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I like the Ateca, and the buckets are nice, but it just felt like a Leon on stilts for me. I'm slightly biased in that I learned to drive across a range of cars and I just never liked sitting high up. The cars seemed to wallow in comparison around corners. I know the Ateca will have the usual DCC, but the sitting high up will always be tarnished for me.

Reactions: Peller

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I like the Ateca, and the buckets are nice, but it just felt like a Leon on stilts for me. I'm slightly biased in that I learned to drive across a range of cars and I just never liked sitting high up. The cars seemed to wallow in comparison around corners. I know the Ateca will have the usual DCC, but the sitting high up will always be tarnished for me.
All the better for looking down on BMW/VW/Audi etc. drivers as you pass :harhar:

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
All the better for looking down on BMW/VW/Audi etc. drivers as you pass :harhar:
I did have a look at the T-Roc R and I was totally shocked at the lack of interior quality! Really shocked!

The whole dash is hard plastic and the list price was £39k!!! As for the Audi, couldn't do with living with the badge.

I also checked out the Merc GLA, very nice but underpowered unless you go for the bonkers AMG!

Reactions: Philip Santi

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
I did have a look at the T-Roc R and I was totally shocked at the lack of interior quality! Really shocked!

The whole dash is hard plastic and the list price was £39k!!! As for the Audi, couldn't do with living with the badge.

I also checked out the Merc GLA, very nice but underpowered unless you go for the bonkers AMG!

I saw the T-Roc R at Goodwood and thought the interior was poor for a VW - had a brief thought about the SQ2, but really wanted a bigger boot (same for the RS3 I considered).

Went to look at the Leon Cupra and was taken by the Cupra Ateca while I was there - two things swung in the favour of the R ST though - the ABT pack and deal I got. If the Ateca came with warranty backed ABT upgrade, I might have been swayed so don't blame you

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I drove one in an urban environment so didn't get to have a fang in the twistys. By all accounts it's better than its height makes you think. But not as good as a Leon.
But does the thing launch! Seriously quick, and up to 150 km'h I couldn't feel much difference to mine.
Plus it looks good. I don't understand how people can lay out Cupra Ateca cash for Fugly Korean SUV's.
The only thing against it for me, is that it's an SUV. With all that implies down here.
My wife's BF has ordered one.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I drove one in an urban environment so didn't get to have a fang in the twistys. By all accounts it's better than its height makes you think. But not as good as a Leon.
But does the thing launch! Seriously quick, and up to 150 km'h I couldn't feel much difference to mine.
Plus it looks good. I don't understand how people can lay out Cupra Ateca cash for Fugly Korean SUV's.
The only thing against it for me, is that it's an SUV. With all that implies down here.
My wife's BF has ordered one.
The wife’s boyfriend hey, very modern ;)

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I’ve had a CUPRA Ateca for a day as well as being lucky enough to take one around the proving track at Silverstone.

In comparison to my 2017 DSG Leon CUPRA 300. I found the gearbox to be a lot smoother. I’ve always liked being a little higher up and found the driving position to be good for urban driving as well as on a proving track. Not as much wallowing as I thought there would be and the four wheel drive is a bonus in my eyes.

All in I think that’s where I may be going when the time comes to let my CUPRA go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peller and LouG

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
I was at the dealership for some bits and bobs and whilst there I was magically introduced to a brand new Ateca Cupra!

It had a new glass type touch screen from the Arona/Ibiza as well as some tasty alcantara seats along with the Beats sound system along with the usual high specs!

I was so tempted that I sat down with the sales guy and we tried out some numbers and found it would work out for me in my favour. (Nearly new Leon Cupra's are in high demand)

Unfortunately there wasn't a demo car to test until the weekend but as an owner of a Leon Cupra (and Ateca diesel, albeit briefly) it's looking promising!

Does anyone have experience of switching from Leon to Cupra Ateca?
c04bda1effb2e8c565522094ef154122.jpg

Have you seen this video?

Hope it helps a little

Reactions: Peller and Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Have you seen this video?

Hope it helps a little
I have to agree with this guy. I'd take an estate over an SUV if I wanted more practicality but retrain the sportiness. Although I'd probably just buy an Octavia VRS and modify it a bit if I wanted practicality.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.