OBDeleven modifications

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Is it possible to pair the key with OBDelevent?

I don’t believe it’s possible to code a key with OBDEleven. It’s either a dealer coding or if I remember correctly there are some companies that can do it for you.

Someone else may be able to provide details of others who can code keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Hey guys,
Just bought a 2015 Leon FR this week.

I want to use the second key as my main key. However, the fob doesn't lock / unlock the car, nor it manages to start the engine. When I try to start the engine it stays "Immobilizer active". The key has new battery and the light lights up well when a button is pressed.
I also tried a lot of different combinations found on the internet for synchronizing the key (and also the method I found in the user manual), unfortunately with no success.

Is it possible to pair the key with OBDelevent?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried this and I presume that the primary key works fully.

Most VAG vehicles use "switchblade" keys and key fobs. The process for programming these remotes is the same, no matter what Volkswagen model you have. You must have at least one programmed key fob to program another one to your Volkswagen; if you don't, visit your local dealer for options.

Step 1
Insert the key you want to program into the ignition. Turn it to the "On" position, but do not crank the engine.

Step 2
Step out of your Volkswagen and close the driver's door. Insert your primary key into the door lock; turn it to the right to manually lock the door. Remove the key.

Step 3
Press the "Unlock" button on the key fob. Wait one second, and then press the "Unlock" button again.

Turn the ignition off and remove the key. The key fob will now be programmed to the vehicle.

Tip
  • Your Volkswagen vehicle stores up to four remotes in its memory. If you are programming a third remote, you'll need to press "Unlock" three times, rather than two times. If you are programming a fourth key fob, you'll need to press "Unlock" four times.
Items you will need
  • Primary key

Sep 14, 2019
Have you tried this and I presume that the primary key works fully.

Most VAG vehicles use "switchblade" keys and key fobs. The process for programming these remotes is the same, no matter what Volkswagen model you have. You must have at least one programmed key fob to program another one to your Volkswagen; if you don't, visit your local dealer for options.

Step 1
Insert the key you want to program into the ignition. Turn it to the "On" position, but do not crank the engine.

Step 2
Step out of your Volkswagen and close the driver's door. Insert your primary key into the door lock; turn it to the right to manually lock the door. Remove the key.

Step 3
Press the "Unlock" button on the key fob. Wait one second, and then press the "Unlock" button again.

Turn the ignition off and remove the key. The key fob will now be programmed to the vehicle.

Tip
  • Your Volkswagen vehicle stores up to four remotes in its memory. If you are programming a third remote, you'll need to press "Unlock" three times, rather than two times. If you are programming a fourth key fob, you'll need to press "Unlock" four times.
Items you will need
  • Primary key
Yeah. I tried quite a lot of combinations, unfortunately none of them worked, but it is good to double check.

I did a test today. I had the keys one near each other. I first long pressed "unlock" on the working key. The windows began to go down. While still holding the button down, I pressed and hold the unlock button on the second (unsynchronized) key. The windows stopped going down. This means the keys both send the exact signal, the second key works (is not damaged), but the car doesn't recognise the second key.

Deleted member 103408

For those who are not part of the OBD11 Forum, this is the current list of updates that are in testing for the next release.

Changlog for version 0.15.0
* Added apps search through all categories
* Added offline subsystems
* Working on Offline UDS live data
* Fixed search in adaptations to ignore case
* Fixed output test and supported models onBackPressed
* Added Offline UDS Basic Settings
* Added Offline UDS Output Test
* Clear uds adaptation list after new value selected
* Fixed backup dialog invisible buttons
* Fixed menu share icon
* Added save adaptation negative response (Show adaptation status as Not available instead of Not available offline in offline control units)
* Dont show subsystem button if no offline subsystems
* UI for FreezeFrame setting
* Saves Freeze Frame to database
* Refactored security access codes databas (Was a lot of incorect security access codes)
* Added show fault freeze frame in offline cu and history
* Saves full freeze frame response
* One-time POP-UP asking to include/exclude FreezeFrame data to the scan
* Added live data to backups
* Offline security access (To be able to check known security codes offline)
* Output test db refactor (added KWP2000 selective output tests)
* Added popup for devices bonuses (When connecting to NextGen device app ask if you want to redeem PRO code and Credits)
* Improved old device update
* Fixed infinite loader on controlUnitFragment
* Added user settings saving and reading from db
* Full backup refactor to show voltage
* Adaptation dialog list scrolls to last used item position
* Fixed kwp2000 offline adaptations
* Remove 33 cu from sharable logs (Affected only VAG cars which support full engine control unit diagnostic)
* Saving DiagnosticSession name in SecurityAccessDB (To identufy to which diagnostic setion security access code belongs)
* Added CU existence check (Skip not reachable (i.e. Steering angle sensor) cus while performing full scan)
* Added readVoltage every second on mainFragment (More acurate voltage reading)
* Added RPM check (Used in one click apps to notify that app fail in case of RPM to high)
* Check for control unit software version update (Visible in control unit info screen, this info is for information only. It shows if there are newer software detected in our database for control unit with same Software number)

Deleted member 103408

Just a heads up for those who dont follow the beta testing on OBD11 Forum,

Next OBD11 Release

- Added Workshop number Setting
- Added EEPROM function (Go to Control Unit -> EEPROM)
- Added Full Backup (Go to Vehicle -> Backup)
- Extended Backup functionality
- Improved Apps to show newly added Apps
- Improved Charts to support 16 values
- Moved Charts access from Live Data to Control Unit

Full Backup and increased number of values for charts will be helpful

Just an update on this as I believe this is now released to all users.

Extended backup functionality means you can do a backup of all your control units in one click, it takes between 10 and 15 minutes on my car subject to internet speed. Backups also show a lot more of the sub system data than they did before.

And when you get an error shown on the control unit there is more additional data shown as well.
Example
Trouble codes:
B12C615 - Bulb for high-mount brake light Open circuit/short circuit to B+
Passive
Date: 2019-10-04 10:33:28
Mileage: 47202 km
Priority: 1
Malfunction frequency counter: 7
Unlearning counter: 157
Terminal 15 status: On
Terminal 50 status: Off
Voltage: 11.6 V
Outside air temperature: 12.0 °C
Status Bremslichtschalter (HW): On
Status Bremslichtschalter (CAN): On
Off: not activated
Parking light: not activated
Automatic high beam assist: operated
Low beam: not activated
Parking light left: not activated
Parking light right: not activated
Letzte Weckursache/ Werte [00;2E]: gültiges Funktelegramm
CAN-Bus_aktiv: On

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Is there no way to use this with iOS? I'm intrigued as there's a few things i would like to change.

Deleted member 103408

No not currently its Android only, there should be a IOS Version out next year I suspect.

If you only want a few things done then check Carista to see if that helps you or ask if anybody in your area can help with some coding.

Reactions: OJ9693

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
No not currently its Android only, there should be a IOS Version out next year I suspect.

If you only want a few things done then check Carista to see if that helps you or ask if anybody in your area can help with some coding.

I will look at that. if not i will wait until the Letchworth meet and see if somebody can inform me there!

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019

Do you know if you can customize your interior lights? i.e stop them from dimming when closing door etc
I have looked at Carista and it only gives me a few samples which that was not listed.

Deleted member 103408

Following on from a thread the other day where @Damo H was talking about engine temps.

The analogue dials on my car go from zero to 90 very quickly and just stay there never move.

Looking through Live Data on OBD11 And i noticed a value called Coolant Temperature, this shows a much better value and does fluctuate so gives a better idea of what is going on.

I also discovered (and this I had not seen before) Oil Fill Level which appears to show how much oil is in the sump there are also values for min and max. I did some recording and the oil level changed a bit as I was throwing car round the corning or accelerating hard so another one I will add to my regular watches.

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Following on from a thread the other day where @Damo H was talking about engine temps.

The analogue dials on my car go from zero to 90 very quickly and just stay there never move.

Looking through Live Data on OBD11 And i noticed a value called Coolant Temperature, this shows a much better value and does fluctuate so gives a better idea of what is going on.

I also discovered (and this I had not seen before) Oil Fill Level which appears to show how much oil is in the sump there are also values for min and max. I did some recording and the oil level changed a bit as I was throwing car round the corning or accelerating hard so another one I will add to my regular watches.
@LouG this is what i was referring to

Deleted member 103408

Example output

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 15.20.13.png

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Has coding changed with any modules recently?

My car has a recall notice on the LED headlights and when I got the car home my Wing mirrors did not fold in on one click which they have been coded to do. My car is a facelift so I checked and tried to follow the procedure but couldn’t work it

1 - Module 09 - Accessed but didn’t ask for Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation - Accessed ok.
3 - Select - Spiegelverstellung (Not there and couldn’t move on???
So couldn’t use these bits
4 - Sub - Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus
5 - Change value "Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus"

Because I needed it done quick I ended up partying for the App but would much prefer to Code myself.

Can anyone help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

1 - Module 09- Electronic control unit. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Access control 2 Up to MY16 or enter Spiegelverstellung From MY17 and later
4 - Funk spiegelanklppung modus - (Change value to Convenience operation via remote control key)
Press and hold the button to fold or unfold
5 - Funk Spiegelanklappen - (Change value to On)

If you also want to close with a single click instead of keeping the button pressed:
6 - Funk spiegelaklappung modus - (Change value to By look command via remote control key)

If you also want to appear in the car menu to activate or deactivate from the screen:
7 - Menuesteuerung funk spiegel anklappen - (Change value to On)

If you also want the mirrors do not open whenever you open the car with the command and only do so when contacting. (Only in vehicles whose "42 and 52" door units whose software version is: 0032. In previous ones the control units must be updated)
8 - In Adaptation, enter Spiegelverstellung
9 - Signalisierung_Spiegelanklappung - (Change value to Deactivated)
It works both if we have done the closing mod with a touch, as if we have not done it.

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/6342/adaptions-spanish-site#ixzz62SdpJuUP

this is what i have

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
1 - Module 09- Electronic control unit. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Access control 2 Up to MY16 or enter Spiegelverstellung From MY17 and later
4 - Funk spiegelanklppung modus - (Change value to Convenience operation via remote control key)
Press and hold the button to fold or unfold
5 - Funk Spiegelanklappen - (Change value to On)

If you also want to close with a single click instead of keeping the button pressed:
6 - Funk spiegelaklappung modus - (Change value to By look command via remote control key)

If you also want to appear in the car menu to activate or deactivate from the screen:
7 - Menuesteuerung funk spiegel anklappen - (Change value to On)

If you also want the mirrors do not open whenever you open the car with the command and only do so when contacting. (Only in vehicles whose "42 and 52" door units whose software version is: 0032. In previous ones the control units must be updated)
8 - In Adaptation, enter Spiegelverstellung
9 - Signalisierung_Spiegelanklappung - (Change value to Deactivated)
It works both if we have done the closing mod with a touch, as if we have not done it.

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/6342/adaptions-spanish-site#ixzz62SdpJuUP

this is what i have
Oooo didn’t realise you could set it so the mirror didn’t fold out on unlock. I’m assuming that’s on engine start. My Mk2 was like that. @paddy6789 I feel a visit coming haha

Reactions: paddy6789

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Oooo didn’t realise you could set it so the mirror didn’t fold out on unlock. I’m assuming that’s on engine start. My Mk2 was like that. @paddy6789 I feel a visit coming haha
I have a MY2018 and I have my mirrors set up as follows....

Control Unit: 09 Central Electrics (Code 31347)

Name: Spiegelverstellung
Values:
Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus
Old value: by convenience operation via remote control key
New value: by look command via remote control key
Funk Spiegelanklappen
Old value:
New value: on
Menusteuerung Funk Spiegel anklappen
Old value:
New value: on
Signalisierung_Spiegelanklappung
Old value: on
New value: inactive

The first change (Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus) is for one click operation and the second change (Signalisierung_Spiegelanklappung) opens the mirrors when switching iginition on and not when unlocking.

Reactions: Damo H

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Any ideas how I can this screen on my MIB2 high? Is it under skins or version? Or not even possible? 66 plate cupra 290.
Did you get this sorted?
I did it via the Developer Menu....
SERVICE MODE/Test Mode/HMI Skin Change/SEAT_STD_SKIN_SPORT_80_S

though I have an MY2018 facelift

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.