warning symbol not working

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
hi apart from the sat nav the washer bottle empty warning indicator does not work, any ideas?
cheers andy.

The warning is only part of the Winter Pack, and even then some of us have found we don't have it! Not sure how you check, but would presume if you've gone empty with no warning, its not there!

sidy64

Oct 18, 2019
London e17
hi mate, assumed they all had the warning light, yes ive gone empty and no light,
learn something new every day!
cheers mate
andy.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
As said not all of them come with the level sensor unfortunately. It can however be retrofitted if you're fussed. There is a guide explaining how to do it in the guides section (Link in my signature).

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
The warning is only part of the Winter Pack, and even then some of us have found we don't have it! Not sure how you check, but would presume if you've gone empty with no warning, its not there!
Wow I had no idea that was part of the winter pack.

Now they have done away with the winter pack, is that something thats gone completely then?

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I have the winter pack on my CUPRA but no alarm/warning of an empty bottle so it seems it went a while ago as my car is a 67 plate CUPRA 300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure mine ding-donged the other day? Or maybe not... I usually top it up when its getting a clean, which i haven't done in a while so will be able to tell soon!

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I'm sure mine ding-donged the other day? Or maybe not... I usually top it up when its getting a clean, which i haven't done in a while so will be able to tell soon!
If mine needs topping up, the warning persists and displays a warning on the multi display or whatever its called between the dials.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Mine is 64 plate Leon with winter pack. Does have the warning. Very handy but does come on a lot earlier than needed I found.

It appears the earlier models got the good stuff, the latter had to tick the box or not at all it seems. I may only have an MIB1 unit, but the rest I can be quite smug about :lol:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Had a 63 plate Mk3 Leon with LED headlights, no winter pack, but had headlight washers, have warning when low level, had an Ibiza (66 plate) with Bi-Xenon, so mandatory headlight washers, had warning as well when levels were low. Now have a Volvo V40, no washers, no winter pack, have warning when low.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Mine is 64 plate Leon with winter pack. Does have the warning. Very handy but does come on a lot earlier than needed I found.

It comes on early as low volumes of fluid freeze more easily...

Take it from someone that learnt the hard way whilst living in Germany; took me two weeks parked in the garage to defrost the washer fluid system after I was informed that the winter pack included a heating element in the washer bottle.

Genuine VAG -70 deg C fluid used neat from then onwards stopped this issue.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019

Update. No ding-donger o_O

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
My wife has just confirmed her 67 plate Leon Xcellence has the low washer bottle warning and it tells her every time she gets in the car that it is low. This is the first time she has seen the warning come up since she got the car in January 2017.

eb03551c9fa867d2e8d3c33f5f6d1d0f.jpg

I’m therefore making an assumption that my 67 plate CUPRA 300 will have the low washer bottle warning to, do to prove it I’m going to let the level drop down and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Update. No ding-donger o_O

well... it seems you need to be SUPER low to a point it’s trickling..

C5CA615B-652B-49B8-99E0-B4CE94149413.jpeg

The initial bing-bong replaces the whole side of the digital display then goes to a more annoying exclamation mark and warning symbol.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I ran mine down deliberately to check - no warning for me - 2018 Cupra 300 SC ( no winter pack )

As others above - mine gets topped up once a week so not really an issue.

I do take a 5ltr bottle of pre-mixed screenwash with me for longer journeys - especially at this time of year when the roads are filthy.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.