I Think SEAT Would Benefit From a Leon Saloon

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I recently saw a picture of the Leon Cupra R ST. And from the angle it looked like a saloon car, similar to the S4.

I wonder how many people owuld buy a Seat (Audi) S4 but with Leon cupra styling? I probably would have considered one, had I been in the market for a saloon car.

Imagine the attached but with a saloon style boot. :think: I have added someones impression of an Exeo and Toledo using the mk3 leons styling.

VW have the Passat Sedan and the Arteon. Even Skoda has the Octavia in a saloon version.

If SEAT / Cupra are trying the brand themselves at the low - mid range sporty cars to compete with the likes of Alfa Romeo, I think an additon of a Saloon car would allow them to compete on a more level playing field.

Attachments

• twocolumnsimage.resizedViewPort.scale.assetRootXL.jpg
    twocolumnsimage.resizedViewPort.scale.assetRootXL.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 155
  • new-seat-exeo-rendering-47472_1.jpg
    new-seat-exeo-rendering-47472_1.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 293
  • Seat Toledo Cupra 280 2.jpg
    Seat Toledo Cupra 280 2.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
I agree a saloon styled car would be great as I loved my exeo but unfortunately the sales were not great. The Toledo was basically what you were asking for but had a cheaper very plastic interior and low powered engines and again never had good sales I believe. A saloon style hatchback like the octavia would be great for me but seat don't think it's necessary as there is the St if you want extra space. They just never look as good to me though.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Dont need one as vag already have saloon cars available in their other brands. If they made all variants of body styles in the Seat brand nobody would stump up the extra cash to buy audi and vw products.

This is the reason that the seat exeo wasnt available with the same wide selection of engines/trim specs compared to the a4/Passat etc

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Dont need one as vag already have saloon cars available in their other brands. If they made all variants of body styles in the Seat brand nobody would stump up the extra cash to buy audi and vw products.

This is the reason that the seat exeo wasnt available with the same wide selection of engines/trim specs compared to the a4/Passat etc

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Seems an odd strategy to me. Same reason they didnt put 4wd in the Cupra R. As much as VW fanboys rave about the Golf R. If the Cupra had a 4wd option in the hatchback, Golf R sales would drop.

I priced up an S3 the other day to the same spec as a Cupra and you are going to pay at least anout £9-14k for essentially the same car with a few extra niceties.

Reactions: Brimfull

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Do you know why women wear high heels, long nails and makeup? Not why it looks good, that's a different discussion, but why they like to wear these things? It's a status and social standing statement. What she is saying is, I do not need to work. These things are purposefully impractical.

A saloon car is impractical. The same car with a hatchback can take your fridge to the dump while you can get little more than a set of golf clubs in a Jaguar. It's deliberate and reflects the image the buyer wants to project. I do not have a hatchback because I'm above needing one.

So cheaper cars, which are bought as multi-use practical vehicles, are all hatchback. Prestige cars are all saloon cars, unless they are 4x4s etc but they're a whole nuther animal. There are exceptions but very few and usually of limited success.

Reactions: perelaar
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.