Black OEM Side Skirt photos?

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Hi,

After initially ordering my Cupra 290 Lux in Magnetic Grey due to the absence of Desire Red as an option. I was planning on ordering the OEM Side Skirts in the matching colour. It would have looked very similar to @Kirky's car.

Now, since the car is coming in Desire Red, I am debating whether I should get the skirts in Gloss black to match with the wing mirrors and rear diffuser. I may also be getting a splitter for the front similar to @Maypack

I would be greatful if anyone has any photos of the OEM skirts in a contrasting colour to the bodywork just for reference. I've had a look in other threads and ive seen a couple cars with the blades in a different colour, but not the skirts.

Thanks.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Hi,

After initially ordering my Cupra 290 Lux in Magnetic Grey due to the absence of Desire Red as an option. I was planning on ordering the OEM Side Skirts in the matching colour. It would have looked very similar to @Kirky's car.

Now, since the car is coming in Desire Red, I am debating whether I should get the skirts in Gloss black to match with the wing mirrors and rear diffuser. I may also be getting a splitter for the front similar to @Maypack

I would be greatful if anyone has any photos of the OEM skirts in a contrasting colour to the bodywork just for reference. I've had a look in other threads and ive seen a couple cars with the blades in a different colour, but not the skirts. But personally it gets lost and doesn't make the car look any lower.

Thanks.

I found this is the front splitter group. Some guys car in France. I think you'd definitely need a splitter to match and maybe a bigger gloss black diffuser.
img-65635822fe.jpg

Reactions: The Daily Meme

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Great Spot!

I agree it needs a diffuser, but unsure about the splitter. The Reiger one looks nice though. I think @Deano j1971 has it on his.

@Deano j1971 has the Reiger Diffuser in his ST and in the flesh it looks fantastic. I keep toying with the idea of having it fitted to my CUPRA but I’m always in two minds .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
@Deano j1971 has the Reiger Diffuser in his ST and in the flesh it looks fantastic. I keep toying with the idea of having it fitted to my CUPRA but I’m always in two minds .

@Maypack..get stg 1 first then the rear diffuser, so you won’t have to worry about getting a Ateca.lol. Rieger rear diffuser looks so much better that the original.
d6c0d1cac9112140ed65e3445b9fcb0d.jpg
8207af872783dc4f2ae39cf59f57b23c.jpg
c1bc62b4af206899a8278e5be597be5b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
@Maypack..get stg 1 first then the rear diffuser, so you won’t have to worry about getting a Ateca.lol. Rieger rear diffuser looks so much better that the original.
d6c0d1cac9112140ed65e3445b9fcb0d.jpg
8207af872783dc4f2ae39cf59f57b23c.jpg
c1bc62b4af206899a8278e5be597be5b.jpg

I think SEAT should take the hint that we all want smoked/no fogs, side skirts, splitter etc. It's a hot hatch!

Reactions: The Daily Meme

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
There was a ‘burnt orange’ Cupra demo for sale at Jennings Middlesbrough a while back that had gloss black side blades and splitter fitted. Can’t find the link to the thread, but will have another look later.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
There was a ‘burnt orange’ Cupra demo for sale at Jennings Middlesbrough a while back that had gloss black side blades and splitter fitted. Can’t find the link to the thread, but will have another look later.
IF you manage to find it that would be good!

I personally think the black contrasts well with the red. I wouldn't have done it on any other colour. I will definitely be getting a splitter to match, possibly a bigger difuser like the one posted above. I may even consider wrapping the roof in black but I doubt I'd actually go that far.

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
@Deano j1971 - are those aftermarket tailpipes in the black, they look sooo much sweeter than the stock chrome ones fitted to the ST300 ??

@Tinbum51..it’s a cat back system that I got from Germany with Audi rs style tips,they came chrome which I did not like so I sprayed em black. Didn’t turn out too bad either.
52537e28cbd2153ed915334de6081931.jpg
bb5f355b56df2dd005f97287a870e7d1.jpg

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
IF you manage to find it that would be good!

I personally think the black contrasts well with the red. I wouldn't have done it on any other colour. I will definitely be getting a splitter to match, possibly a bigger difuser like the one posted above. I may even consider wrapping the roof in black but I doubt I'd actually go that far.
You'll need to eliminate the copper colour badges as these look horrendous with the red. Get them done in gloss black too.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I’m thinking of getting my white oem skirts wrapped in black/stickered up.
IMG_0852.JPG
Similar to the BMW M performance ones.

Would have gone for the blades if they were fuller looking. I like the black contrast.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I’m thinking of getting my white oem skirts wrapped in black/stickered up. View attachment 10804 Similar to the BMW M performance ones.

Would have gone for the blades if they were fuller looking. I like the black contrast.

Yeah that’s the idea. Wasn’t sure if having the whole skirt in black or just a bit like @Damo H did to his car. From what I read though, the sticker peeled off, hence why I thought I’d get it painted.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yeah that’s the idea. Wasn’t sure if having the whole skirt in black or just a bit like @Damo H did to his car. From what I read though, the sticker peeled off, hence why I thought I’d get it painted.

On my white one they are still going strong on the new owners car.

The new ones were done in the winter (Garage was very cold), and I suspect using cheaper materials. So if done with decent stuff and at a reasonable temperature to ensure they bond well I think the vinyl stripe would be fine.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

When i ordered the car the dealership refused to paint them in two colours, said it wasn’t possible for them. I originally asked for a similar design to the blades not realising the black part is separate on the blades.

If I was going with full gloss black side skirts I’d have to have a front gloss splitter and rear diffuser too.

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
When i ordered the car the dealership refused to paint them in two colours, said it wasn’t possible for them. I originally asked for a similar design to the blades not realising the black part is separate on the blades.

If I was going with full gloss black side skirts I’d have to have a front gloss splitter and rear diffuser too.

That’s what I’m going for. The carbon fibre or Matt black wouldn’t look good with desire red when everything else is gloss black.

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
@Tinbum51..it’s a cat back system that I got from Germany with Audi rs style tips,they came chrome which I did not like so I sprayed em black. Didn’t turn out too bad either.
52537e28cbd2153ed915334de6081931.jpg
bb5f355b56df2dd005f97287a870e7d1.jpg

@deanoj1971 did you need to use special paint or something like an engine laquer?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members