Best drying towels

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Has anyone got a recommendation for a good drying towel? I've bought the bright turquoise autofinesse one but when I went to dry my car with it it just dragged and wasn't smooth on the paint at all. I've heard good things about klinkorea ones but the size I'd want is never in stock anywhere.

Having just spent £800 on a heavy paint correction and ceramic coating I'd rather avoid sandpapering my paint with a sketchy draggy towel!

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I use The Rag Company towels THE DOUBLE TWISTRESS but also just use a dog dryer to blow off all the water (£50 from Amazon)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oliver Pawley

Mar 9, 2019
I've been intrigued by the autobrite ones, if any one has used one let me know :)

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
Gyeon silk dryer for me. Love it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Klin Korea large duo... I can dry my whole car with no streaks in under a minute.

HighFlyingBird

Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Klin Korea large duo... I can dry my whole car with no streaks in under a minute.
I've been trying to find one of these but they're always out of stock or only in a small size :(

I use The Rag Company towels THE DOUBLE TWISTRESS but also just use a dog dryer to blow off all the water (£50 from Amazon)

I'd love a drying machine but the neighbors probably think I'm mad as it is washing the car as often as I do, god knows what they'd think if they saw me hoovering the alloys

Reactions: bruceR

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I've been trying to find one of these but they're always out of stock or only in a small size :(

I'd love a drying machine but the neighbors probably think I'm mad as it is washing the car as often as I do, god knows what they'd think if they saw me hoovering the alloys

It’s all in the “details” mate

HighFlyingBird

Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Could go for the EVO edition:

https://www.thedetailingbooth.co.uk...-evo-edition-drying-towel-80-x-75cm-470-p.asp

They are expensive, but save so much time! Also, you don't have to wring it out. It actually works better when it's absorbed a lot of water (heavier) you don't press on it, literally just drag it across the car.
Put an order in for one today, hoping it'll be here for the weekend and that the rain goes by then too, if it keeps raining like this I might be selling a limited edition submarine Leon soon.

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Put an order in for one today, hoping it'll be here for the weekend and that the rain goes by then too, if it keeps raining like this I might be selling a limited edition submarine Leon soon.

You won't be disappointed (except by the weather). You don't need to put pressure on it. I just drag it lightly across all the flat surfaces. Then fold it into quarters and run it once in the same direction across all the side surfaces.

HighFlyingBird

Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
You won't be disappointed (except by the weather). You don't need to put pressure on it. I just drag it lightly across all the flat surfaces. Then fold it into quarters and run it once in the same direction across all the side surfaces.
I'll probably post how I get on in the what did you and your mk3 leon do today thread

Savage

Nov 12, 2019
I use the "Cleanyourcar Huge Fluffy Drying Towels" and have found them good for absorption and softness.