TFSI engine swap..

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
Hi all.
Within the next year, i'll be searching some more power for my LCR track car.
350-400bhp will be the goal, however I'm aware with the 1.8t this will be very expensive!
I am starting to do my research now, looking towards the TFSI engine from the Mk5 Golf / Leon Cupra as stage 2+ will see the car within the power goal I'm looking for (tuned by RTech)
What i'm hoping to do here is get some info from anyone who has done this swap. I have an idea what i need to get to stage 2+ but some actual experience from someone would be ideal.

Initially i don't know whether to get a car, sell what i strip off in the anticipation that i'll get a fair amount of money back, or hunt for the right engine.

Im also looking for anyone who can send me a link for engine mounts for the Mk1 that will allow the TFSI to be mounted.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Fozzy

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Hi all.
Within the next year, i'll be searching some more power for my LCR track car.
350-400bhp will be the goal, however I'm aware with the 1.8t this will be very expensive!
I am starting to do my research now, looking towards the TFSI engine from the Mk5 Golf / Leon Cupra as stage 2+ will see the car within the power goal I'm looking for (tuned by RTech)
What i'm hoping to do here is get some info from anyone who has done this swap. I have an idea what i need to get to stage 2+ but some actual experience from someone would be ideal.

Initially i don't know whether to get a car, sell what i strip off in the anticipation that i'll get a fair amount of money back, or hunt for the right engine.

Im also looking for anyone who can send me a link for engine mounts for the Mk1 that will allow the TFSI to be mounted.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Fozzy
This is really funny because I've priced a 450bhp build up on a 1.8t and it's fair to say a good chunk of money.

The only big plus side is that you will know the engine you've built and if built right would provide some degree of predictability and reliability where you may end up with a 2.0 tfsi that let's go and need a rebuild then it's even more cash.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
I think I stopped counting after £4K for the 1.8t..
But as you said, you will know the engine is as new, it’ll be reliable and you can rest easy knowing it won’t go bang. Where as you aren’t 100% sure how good the TFSI is if you don’t open her up.
It just might be a better investment for a TFSI and cost less for more power ‍♂️♂️

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members