MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

jamesc

Sep 11, 2019
My cars reg didn't appear on the vehicle enquiry site until the day before delivery, and I got the v5c the day after delivery.

Having had the car for a few days now, first the negatives. Mine was delivered with a scuffed bonnet and so I'm waiting for that to be dealt with (the dealer is being responsive, they're arranging a local bodyshop to address it), and if you catch the gearbox "off guard" I find the power isn't maybe as immediate as I'd like. However the ride is better than I expected, the bucket seats are comfy, Android Auto works well as does adaptive cruise control. The head lights seem pretty decent and an unexpected feature is the start stop will start the engine when it detects movement in front, which caught me by surprise the first time! Cupra modes ride isn't as firm as I expected. I've not yet checked if it's got the KESSY that deactivates the key if it doesn't detect movement, that Skoda are advertising on their site. Mine had 5 miles on it and a full tank of fuel, which is the lowest mileage and most fuel I've had in a new car, which was a nice surprise.

I'm very pleased with the car, mine came with Continental Sport Contact tyres and I've had no traction issues (ST so 4drive) even with wet roads, and unsurprisingly no real torque steer on the 4drive version. I'm still having to catch myself not accelerating for too long whilst overtaking.

And, if you want to check the odometer (beyond checking it when turning the car on/off) you have to turn the cruise control off fully (push the stalk all the way back) for the odo to be displayed on the digital dash.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
My cars reg didn't appear on the vehicle enquiry site until the day before delivery, and I got the v5c the day after delivery.

Having had the car for a few days now, first the negatives. Mine was delivered with a scuffed bonnet and so I'm waiting for that to be dealt with (the dealer is being responsive, they're arranging a local bodyshop to address it), and if you catch the gearbox "off guard" I find the power isn't maybe as immediate as I'd like. However the ride is better than I expected, the bucket seats are comfy, Android Auto works well as does adaptive cruise control. The head lights seem pretty decent and an unexpected feature is the start stop will start the engine when it detects movement in front, which caught me by surprise the first time! Cupra modes ride isn't as firm as I expected. I've not yet checked if it's got the KESSY that deactivates the key if it doesn't detect movement, that Skoda are advertising on their site. Mine had 5 miles on it and a full tank of fuel, which is the lowest mileage and most fuel I've had in a new car, which was a nice surprise.

I'm very pleased with the car, mine came with Continental Sport Contact tyres and I've had no traction issues (ST so 4drive) even with wet roads, and unsurprisingly no real torque steer on the 4drive version. I'm still having to catch myself not accelerating for too long whilst overtaking.

And, if you want to check the odometer (beyond checking it when turning the car on/off) you have to turn the cruise control off fully (push the stalk all the way back) for the odo to be displayed on the digital dash.
Just a bite on reading the odometer. Same on normal leon etc. You can’t read the odometer without fully turning cruise control off. good to hear you are enjoying the car. Shame about the stuff but at least the dealer is sorting it for you.

jamesc

Sep 11, 2019
I was a little anxious buying a SEAT to be honest. I had a Mk2 Leon, in my 30 months of ownership (from new) it had 2 gearbox replacements! A friends Ibiza Cupra, 6 months old, was, by SEAT assistance deemed un-roadworthy due to a fuel leak and had to be towed to a SEAT dealership for repair. I'm hoping that I don't get these problems with my Cupra, but a lot of the "fit and finish" issues with those two cars seem to be addressed with this car.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Pretty sure you can get the mileage in one of the left or right display sections of the digital dash with cruise control on. As for the gearbox lag, just use it in semi auto and then it's always on the gear you need. Or in auto if you're going to put your foot down and you are currently in a gear doing low revs then just blip the left paddle once or twice as you plant your foot.

Maurizie

Jul 5, 2018
and an unexpected feature is the start stop will start the engine when it detects movement in front, which caught me by surprise the first time! t

Aw I was actually hoping the Cupra wouldn't have that. My golf did and it used to drive me nuts, I'd come to a stop the engine would shut off and the twitchy person in front would nudge forward an inch and it'd spring back to life again! Seemed like it was wasting more fuel than it was saving!

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Aw I was actually hoping the Cupra wouldn't have that. My golf did and it used to drive me nuts, I'd come to a stop the engine would shut off and the twitchy person in front would nudge forward an inch and it'd spring back to life again! Seemed like it was wasting more fuel than it was saving!
I find myself getting pissed off with the cars in front riding their clutches or moving for no reason. My engine shuts off and a millisecond later the car in front nudges forward causing the engine to restart. Just an extra thing to give me road rage.
If you ever so slightly move the steering wheel it also kicks in!

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
I find myself getting pissed off with the cars in front riding their clutches or moving for no reason. My engine shuts off and a millisecond later the car in front nudges forward causing the engine to restart. Just an extra thing to give me road rage.
Can you turn it off?

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
All of these quirks make a car to an extent.

Try turning the wheel when start stop is activated and it’ll turn the engine back on.

What happens if you’re in drive and stationary and simply press the stop button. Assume in engages neutral?

I’d try it on ours but we don’t effing have it yet do we.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
All of these quirks make a car to an extent.

Try turning the wheel when start stop is activated and it’ll turn the engine back on.

What happens if you’re in drive and stationary and simply press the stop button. Assume in engages neutral?

I’d try it on ours but we don’t effing have it yet do we.
I sometimes forget if I've pressed the keyless stop engine button when I've parked up, only to turn the engine on again!

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
"This order has now received a transport order and should arrive before Friday this week"

Well looks like another missed date for me, just spoke to Seat and it's still at the port as far as they know.

deano1988

Aug 15, 2019
Anyone getting much luck on insurance quotes I have 12 years no claims and still cant seem to get any better then £650-£700

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Anyone getting much luck on insurance quotes I have 12 years no claims and still cant seem to get any better then £650-£700
I'm looking at similar which is a good £100 more than in June when I looked. I do park on the road in London which does not help matters!

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Mine was about £500 ish for a new quote just on compare the market etc. I have 7 years no claims and live in the countryside. Car is parked on driveway not visible from the road.

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019

Just insured mine for the year. 8 years no claims, 12500 miles, one place of work travel. Live in Cheshire.

£475 with admiral.

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019
Just insured mine for the year. 8 years no claims, 12500 miles, one place of work travel. Live in Cheshire.

£475 with admiral.
£475?!?!? How's this for a quote
upload_2019-11-8_11-59-48.png

RIP

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.