MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019
bloody hell, are you registered blind or missing an arm or something? That’s some quote
Don't quite get it myself, 25 year old, had license since I was 18, 5 years no claims, 12,000 miles a year, no points or convictions or whatever completely clean license and no claims in the past 5 years. explain that :banghead2not like i'm requesting a quote on a v12 ferrari it's a bloody 2 litre Seat

Brwse

Sep 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Don't quite get it myself, 25 year old, had license since I was 18, 5 years no claims, 12,000 miles a year, no points or convictions or whatever completely clean license and no claims in the past 5 years. explain that :banghead2not like i'm requesting a quote on a v12 ferrari it's a bloody 2 litre Seat

That's crazy. Do you park on the road? In a big city?

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
So the saga continues. Seat CS have today confirmed that my car has not made it onto the Comet Ace currently in port. This despite the car been at the port compound for the last 3 weeks.

Neither will they guarantee it’ll be on the Pegasus Ace next week.

So it’s time to cancel the order. Shame as when I first ordered I was so looking forward to getting the car.

If anyone wants an ST in Nevada White with Pan roof then it’ll be in the UK within the next 5 years!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
So the saga continues. Seat CS have today confirmed that my car has not made it onto the Comet Ace currently in port. This despite the car been at the port compound for the last 3 weeks.

So it’s time to cancel the order. Shame as when I first ordered I was so looking forward to getting the car.

If anyone wants an ST in Nevada White with Pan roof then it’ll be in the UK within the next 5 years!!!

shame, hope they resolve this before you cancel!

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019

ring up admiral direct, I did and haggled from 700 to 450.

jamesc

Sep 11, 2019
For insurance, Admiral via Gocompare was £370 (It was about £430 on Compare the Market) on my ST so it is worth shopping around the different price comparison sites.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Yes. There's a button to turn it off but it doesn't latch in the standard Cupra so you need to turn it off everytime to do a journey.
You can buy a memory unit to fix that fairly cheaply. Alternatively, you can turn it off permanently with OBD11 as I have.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Aviva here. Wife’s policy. Plus we have home insurance with them. Seems to lower it as she’s been quoted £380 for 8k, Parked on the drive with commuting/business use.

Fastest NHS District Nurse in South Yorkshire.

When we get it. #bitter

Reactions: Kirky

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
Aviva here. Wife’s policy. Plus we have home insurance with them. Seems to lower it as she’s been quoted £380 for 8k, Parked on the drive with commuting/business use.

Fastest NHS District Nurse in South Yorkshire.

When we get it. #bitter

if it’s not knee deep in water. Where about in South Yorkshire are you? Rotherham lad originally here

Last edited:

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
An interesting development.

Got to talk to a claims manager at Seat today who is investing my complaint. They’ve advised that according to their records the order was placed with Seat from the dealership with a handover date of 25th November. The order was placed in June.

So Seat have not placed any build or delivery priority on my order because they had 7 months to deliver it.

Needless to say if I’d known this weeks ago I would have requested the handover date to be brought forward.

I’m also annoyed that DM Keith have not advised of this previously when questioned why the build was taking so long.

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
An interesting development.

Got to talk to a claims manager at Seat today who is investing my complaint. They’ve advised that according to their records the order was placed with Seat from the dealership with a handover date of 25th November. The order was placed in June.

So Seat have not placed any build or delivery priority on my order because they had 7 months to deliver it.

Needless to say if I’d known this weeks ago I would have requested the handover date to be brought forward.

I’m also annoyed that DM Keith have not advised of this previously when questioned why the build was taking so long.

Have seat always been this bad or is this a new phenomenon? My car is going to have to be something incredible for me to ever consider ordering another Seat, every step has been painful. If I could find a car in stock somewhere that I wanted then I would cancel my order tomorrow.

Nivster

Sep 3, 2019

I just spoke with Seat CS there...who confirmed ship left today without my car.

My car is in compound in Barcelona also, she did say even though it's not been allocated a ship it's likely will get on the next one, which is due to leave on 16th Nov, for Grimsby.

Sounds like we be on the same boat. There's a pun in there somewhere.

She also advised my dealer has requested the car to arrive with them no earlier than 22nd Nov... presumably so can have a full transporter and do PDI's in one go.

I'm going to call back on 14th or 15th to see what the script is - without reading into this too much. Seems like should be ready w/c 25th Nov.

...might be worth hanging in there another week or two!?

Ps I have a Nevada White ST with pano roof on order too! Good choice!!

Reactions: mildmanneredjon

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
I just spoke with Seat CS there...who confirmed ship left today without my car.

My car is in compound in Barcelona also, she did say even though it's not been allocated a ship it's likely will get on the next one, which is due to leave on 16th Nov, for Grimsby.

Sounds like we be on the same boat. There's a pun in there somewhere.

She also advised my dealer has requested the car to arrive with them no earlier than 22nd Nov... presumably so can have a full transporter and do PDI's in one go.

I'm going to call back on 14th or 15th to see what the script is - without reading into this too much. Seems like should be ready w/c 25th Nov.

...might be worth hanging in there another week or two!?

Ps I have a Nevada White ST with pano roof on order too! Good choice!!

I’d like to say I have trust in what they say but I’ve now missed out on 2 ships!!

Nivster

Sep 3, 2019
I’d like to say I have trust in what they say but I’ve now missed out on 2 ships!!

Can only imagine!! Fair play for hanging in there

Silver lining is the next ship seems to tie up with your handover of 25th...

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I find myself getting pissed off with the cars in front riding their clutches or moving for no reason. My engine shuts off and a millisecond later the car in front nudges forward causing the engine to restart. Just an extra thing to give me road rage.
If you ever so slightly move the steering wheel it also kicks in!

Just FYI, or perhaps just general information for everyone, I disabled start/stop on my GTI using Carista so it is deactivated by default when you get in the car. No help to people wanting to use start/stop of course but that feature annoyed me ever since I got the car nearly 3 years ago (I deactivated it this summer), haven't noticed any difference in actual MPG either.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
I just turn start&Stop off as soon as I start the car, its a reflex now so dont even think about it :) I mean, its about a finger away from the shifter

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.