Rear brakes noisy

Rallynav

Feb 13, 2019
Perth
Hey folks. So over the past few days my rear brakes have been really noisy when reversing and applying the brakes. For example when reversing into a parking space or onto the drive, slowish speeds then pressing the brakes there’s a loud creak/squeaking noise. Then on Friday night there was the fault message parking brake not available pinged you on the dash. Although this hasn’t been back on so possibly coincidence.
I've not managed to put the car up on the ramp yet to have a look but it’s unusual. It has done around 5500 miles so the brakes are still good and not worn away. Has anyone else had this?
Mines is a 68 plate 1.5tsi 130kw ST.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Check how hot the wheels are after a run, just to rule out a binding brake.

In any case get it fully checked asap, the noises and fault message aren't something I'd ignore with brakes.

Reactions: Leonfr140

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Check how hot the wheels are after a run, just to rule out a binding brake.

In any case get it fully checked asap, the noises and fault message aren't something I'd ignore with brakes.
So far it hasnt been on long journeys, and i haven't had the error message, i will keep an eye out during the next week, although doesnt get driven much during the week and if its still doing it then ill book it in

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Hey folks. So over the past few days my rear brakes have been really noisy when reversing and applying the brakes. For example when reversing into a parking space or onto the drive, slowish speeds then pressing the brakes there’s a loud creak/squeaking noise. Then on Friday night there was the fault message parking brake not available pinged you on the dash. Although this hasn’t been back on so possibly coincidence.
I've not managed to put the car up on the ramp yet to have a look but it’s unusual. It has done around 5500 miles so the brakes are still good and not worn away. Has anyone else had this?
Mines is a 68 plate 1.5tsi 130kw ST.
Jack the rear up and spin the wheels, make sure they're running freely.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.