what did you and your mk3 leon do today

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
I don’t think there’s any left, and they aren’t the cheapest out there, but I got them within 2 days unlike ones from AliExpress and other sellers from China etc. Other Cupra R owners had used these too so I opted for ones I knew were working and was willing to pay a bit more for decent quality.

Mirrors:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/113260714062

Rear lights:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/283238044069

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can't see any explanation what the difference is between 2 way, 4 way and plug and play. I'm probably missing something obvious in the listings for the rear adaptors. I presume yours had the adjustable delay control too?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I can't see any explanation what the difference is between 2 way, 4 way and plug and play. I'm probably missing something obvious in the listings for the rear adaptors. I presume yours had the adjustable delay control too?

Yeah it has the adjustable delay on mine - I left it on the highest setting for what’s in the video. Just the right amount of delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
No worries! Thanks anyway.

I’m the same - would much rather pay a little more knowing the quality is decent! I’ll keep an eye out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine from aliexpress, same as two mates I know and they are both decent enough quality. I paid £30 for mine on 11.11 single day

Reactions: Kirky and YJC18

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
Don't sideline the Jb4, this isn't just a "tuning box", really good piece of kit, and it will outperform the Bluefin map no problems!
Went with the bluefin in the end much easier to use and the £75 of today on eBay made it easy choice, and I presume it’s the stage 1 and no expense in the extra £27 app with the other device can’t wait

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
Fitter the de rigueur, or should I say de Rieger, styling mod to the ST. Well made and easy to fit. Very pleased with the finished article.

Nick's ST 2.jpg

Nick's ST 1.jpg

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
How did you get the front from the ground?How did you fit it?Looks great!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LYA-L29 met Tapatalk

Thanks.To lift front end I used a trolley jack and axel stands. The splitter is supplied with a fitting kit which consists of self-tapping screws and spire/U clips. Four existing screws plus additional holes drilled in the underside of the front bumper and the remaining screws and clips are usedt secure it. The front wheels need to removed to access the backside of the bumper to fit the clips for some of the screws.

I did it single handed, but would be easier with a second person. It's aligned with the four pre-existing screws. Some people also use an adhesive, it is solid without it.

I've got some side skirts to get fitted next.

Reactions: donoli74

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Well me and my MK3 Leon didn’t do anything exciting today but I did arrive home to THREE letters from France, each one a speeding fine from my trip two weeks ago. One for €90 and the other two for €45.

There was me thinking speed cameras in France cant catch an English car, how wrong I was! I remember being flashed by quite a few speed cameras too (actually more than three!)

Things must have changed recently as I drove through France on four occasions last year triggering quite a few cameras and never had any fines come through. Be careful out there guys!

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
Full service.
Bought all the parts and fluids and got my local reliable tech to do it all. (Oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, brake fluid, coolant).

2nd MOT.
Passed no advisories. My car also seems to be zero emissions according to the printout, perhaps I can avoid the Congestion Charge?!

Bit of a clean. Made sure all the drain points are clear, they seem to block easily, but a wipe down and poke with a blunt stick does the trick. Even the filler recess drain clogs up despite being largely enclosed.

Replacement. Thinking of replacing my Leon, but then I can't find anything I like more.
Still really enjoy driving it and the low running costs. Don't want a 5 door so that is an issue.

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
Installed the stage 1 bluefin today omg what a different beast I thought it was quick but it’s like lightning now it’s like whizz for a car if I don’t post again I’ve died smiling lol

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com
Yay for the cold months where my right headlight is as sleepy as I am and stays pretty much on the floor and my rear wiper decides to stop where it feels like it... I forgot about those "winter features" for at least 8 months!

Has anyone actually paid to replace the regulator in the headlight know how much it cost?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
Took it to SEAT to get a couple of things sorted under warranty. They have given me this awful Citroen, Cactus thing as a courtesy car. Sounds like a tractor and it's a petrol!

Reactions: ryzzey

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Installed the stage 1 bluefin today omg what a different beast I thought it was quick but it’s like lightning now it’s like whizz for a car if I don’t post again I’ve died smiling lol
Is this for the WLTP Cupra ir older model?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.