Digital / Virtual Cockpit retrofit yet?

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
Of course you can get the maps on the VC with the mib2 navi std (at least with my MY19 version). The thing is that you can't have them on the infotainment screen at the same time. You have to choose where you want them to appear.

You can also project google maps on the infotainment screen via android auto and have the built in maps on the VC. Only when navigation is active on the google maps you get a message and the VC stops showing built in maps.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
It works but you can't get the map on the VC only the arrows.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
As @Stefan147 says, you can have the map on VC, just not on both at the same time (although mine glitched once and was on both for a short time, soon as I set a heading it went back to normal of only doing it on the one screen)

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
As said above, I'd agree... it's a novelty that soon wears off. I drive mine with the traditional looking dials the whole time.
I switch from the dials to the full map when using the navigation and it’s something that I would definitely miss.
You would probably need to change the steering wheel as well due to the controls on it.

Silver Fox retired

Oct 3, 2019
Carlisle Cumbria
I have retrofitted on my car. What do you need to know?

I’ve got a seat car and wondered if it could get a virtual cockpit and if you had a parts list
And how are you programmed the digital cockpit into the car or did you get it remotely software updated
I would much appreciate a reply to give me some idea of cost and feasibility to retrofit in my car
Seat cupra T S I 280 D S G 2015 build build date June 20 15
Thanks

kickdown

Oct 5, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
I’ve got a seat car and wondered if it could get a virtual cockpit and if you had a parts list
And how are you programmed the digital cockpit into the car or did you get it remotely software updated
I would much appreciate a reply to give me some idea of cost and feasibility to retrofit in my car
Seat cupra T S I 280 D S G 2015 build build date June 20 15
Thanks
You need:
5F0920790A - Virtual Cockpit unit
5F0857053 1QB - the plastic trim/bezel

Also the button View in the steering wheel and it depends if you are with MIB1 or MIB2 Navi?

If you are with MIB1 you will have to upgrade your gateway and Navi computer, which is going to make it too expensive and pointless.

Silver Fox retired

Oct 3, 2019
Carlisle Cumbria
You need:
5F0920790A - Virtual Cockpit unit
5F0857053 1QB - the plastic trim/bezel

Also the button View in the steering wheel and it depends if you are with MIB1 or MIB2 Navi?

If you are with MIB1 you will have to upgrade your gateway and Navi computer, which is going to make it too expensive and pointless.

Thank you very much for that information I’m getting back to me so quickly I’ll speak to the parts department today and get a couple of quotes I’ve got the mibs high unit in my Car

Feb 25, 2019
Ukraine
Hi, everyone!
There are 3 VC models exist now:
5F0920790, 5F0920790A & 5F0920790B
Could someone explain the difference between those units?
Which one is better to install into Ateca with MIB2?
Thanks.

kickdown

Oct 5, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hi, everyone!
There are 3 VC models exist now:
5F0920790, 5F0920790A & 5F0920790B
Could someone explain the difference between those units?
Which one is better to install into Ateca with MIB2?
Thanks.

5F0920790B is the latest and the greatest. Go for it. It has all the new menus + Cupra software possibility.

Reactions: ok491

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I wonder if the B variant is less problematic. Seen a view examples of the A variant which has bits of the screen missing. My original has so far been faultless, but I do want that central rev counter...

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
I wonder if the B variant is less problematic. Seen a view examples of the A variant which has bits of the screen missing. My original has so far been faultless, but I do want that central rev counter...

The b variant is in the cupra ateca. They’ve recently updated them again. Gives a set of different graphics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire

This video gives you a lil taster of the B version of VC (skip to 3:25). Just need someone who has a MY20 Ateca to confirm whether the LEON is an option on that display.

Nov 30, 2019
I got a new cupra recently and and VC looks same as on video...

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A5000 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members