Replaced Stereo Unit

gingerwinger

Jul 28, 2012
www.sandau.biz
Hi Folks,

I replaced my OEM stereo for an A-Sure Android 8 jobbie...

Does anyone know how to make that configure the car?

The old unit was the UI to change things like the lights coming on when you unlocked the car by remote so you could see the puddle you parked over and whether there was a beep when you locked/unlocked the car etc.

I have spoken to SEAT and got the usual, 'buy one of our units that are impossibly expensive... evil chuckle...'

I am hoping that there is an app/dvd/memory card that will do the trick? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!!!

gingerwinger

Jul 28, 2012
www.sandau.biz
Hi Caldi,

The settings have not changed, but...

I set things like the lights to come on when I unlock it to help with the evenings arriving so early and stay on when I get out and lock it again. They stay on for about 30secs to a minute so I have light to get to my front door. It helps with living in the middle of nowhere with no street lighting etc. Lights off and it's pitch black...

When the weather comes back I'd like to turn this feature off and there are several other things I'd like to change too on occasion...

If I can find out how to do this I'd be well chuffed!!!

gingerwinger

Jul 28, 2012
www.sandau.biz
Indeed!

But they do not affect when they come on when you lock or unlock the car by remote...

The UI on the original stereo also controlled whether the indicators flashed and the horn beeped when the remote was used, and so on.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Have you got an Exeo? All your previous posts are about a Leon.

Exeo doesn't have full CAN and you can't change these things on the radio. You can't do them on the dash computer either.

If you do have an Exeo and the previous sentence is rubbish to you, post up a picture of your OEM radio please!

IvIarkGraham

Jun 23, 2017
thats the RNS-E and that doesnt control any of the things you have mentioned.
to the right of the steering wheel is a knob that controls the 'get me home' lights. switch them on and they will turn on when you unlock the car and remain on for a while after you have locked the car

BobAndy

Feb 28, 2014

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Has any one actually managed to get a chirp or horn beep with locking and unlocking of the car. A feature I massively miss from my Cupra Tdi 150

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.