Altea wet footwell

rvdbarnes

Mar 23, 2010
Sheffield
So it turns out my driver and rear footwell are absolutely soaked.

This seems to be pretty recent, and potentially since I recently started running the air con to pull the condensation out of the car quicker after all the rain we’ve had and transferred in to the car via wet coats etc.....

Im thinking it could be the air con drain that is blocked/split but not sure how to locate it?

I presume that if it’s doing what it should be, when I run the air con on my very condensed Altea, there should be signs of water leaving the car somewhere underneath?

will105

Sep 20, 2007
Northern Ireland
So it turns out my driver and rear footwell are absolutely soaked.

This seems to be pretty recent, and potentially since I recently started running the air con to pull the condensation out of the car quicker after all the rain we’ve had and transferred in to the car via wet coats etc.....

Im thinking it could be the air con drain that is blocked/split but not sure how to locate it?

I presume that if it’s doing what it should be, when I run the air con on my very condensed Altea, there should be signs of water leaving the car somewhere underneath?

will105

Sep 20, 2007
Northern Ireland
Hi I struggled with water in passenger side front for ages took up carpet ran hose and eventually found leak , put wipers into change mode , unscrew wiper plastic housing on side of windscreen, there is a small hook on the upper end with padding which is designed to stop leak , mine had failed so I use bike tube rubber to create a gasket which solved the problem, good luck.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise