Remapping

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Hi guys sorry to bring up another thread about this. I really want to stage 1 my manual Cupra but obviously this means a new clutch too so quite expensive...

The question is RacingLine oem+ or REVO? I think power wise they’re both sensible companies and don’t push too hard, what’s people’s thoughts? Any pros/cons of either? Are the processes the same, do they both just flash it on through the OBD11 port as a “default tune” (same for all cars with same engine)?

Also would any “REVO approved” dealer be a safe bet if I did go with REVO? As there is a small garage near me that are Revo approved, I’m just a bit wary where I take my car.

Thanks guys!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Your best bet is somewhere local so you have support on hand. No point getting the car mapped by Racingline if the nearest dealer is 500 miles away for example.

REVO,APR,Racingline are all decent off the shelf tunes.

Reactions: Tricepz

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
It's not a given that your clutch will die. You might not be as hamfisted (footed) as some people. Why not try and see?
I thought it was general knowledge amongst us all that the Cupra/ gti clutches on the manuals are just not built for that much torque. And some people even have trouble with them on standard torque?

(That’s not sarcasm btw, do you have any examples of anyone who has stage 1 mapped and the oem clutch has held strong?)

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
There are a few companies that do a lower torque map specifically for manual cars to be easier on / prolong the life of your clutch (apr and unicorn being 2 that i know of).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: LR231998

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
There are a few companies that do a lower torque map specifically for manual cars to be easier on / prolong the life of your clutch (apr and unicorn being 2 that i know of).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Didn’t think of that, I’ll take a look!

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
I have REVO stage one on my 300 Manual, they put a lower torque map on manual cars. I have since had a Sach clutch fitted and onto the full torque map. FYI Revo have a black Friday deal 15% off stage one maps

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
Hi guys sorry to bring up another thread about this. I really want to stage 1 my manual Cupra but obviously this means a new clutch too so quite expensive...

The question is RacingLine oem+ or REVO? I think power wise they’re both sensible companies and don’t push too hard, what’s people’s thoughts? Any pros/cons of either? Are the processes the same, do they both just flash it on through the OBD11 port as a “default tune” (same for all cars with same engine)?

Also would any “REVO approved” dealer be a safe bet if I did go with REVO? As there is a small garage near me that are Revo approved, I’m just a bit wary where I take my car.

Thanks guys!
19A309EB-E20A-4270-9386-88A30C05FA95.jpeg
3E33FBD9-8DDF-49D0-8D01-901E779628D5.jpeg

Just had mines Apr stage 1

Reactions: Jenko

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Think I’ll hold off with it tbh as it’s just too costly getting it done. Looking at £1200 for a decent map and clutch, and I wouldn’t want to bother with a lower torque one Then increasing to full torque later on i would rather just get it all done at the same time.

Doesn’t need doing as the power is more than enough for the daily drives on England’s awful roads barely even go above 3k rpm anyway lol. Possibly in the future I’ll look into it more.

Thanks for the info and replies though guys!

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I thought it was general knowledge amongst us all that the Cupra/ gti clutches on the manuals are just not built for that much torque. And some people even have trouble with them on standard torque?

(That’s not sarcasm btw, do you have any examples of anyone who has stage 1 mapped and the oem clutch has held strong?)
So every single clutch on Cupras has failed? I doubt it. My point is that some people have mechanical sympathy and driving skill, many don't and kill their cars.

Reactions: Jay280

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So every single clutch on Cupras has failed? I doubt it. My point is that some people have mechanical sympathy and driving skill, many don't and kill their cars.
I know you like to be our resident grumpy ******* :D, but In this case @LouG you are wrong.

The standard clutch can’t take more than the standard torque and slips when already in gear. Not talking when someone boots it off the line.

Plenty of people have been sympathetic to the cars not wanting to destroy their clutches while saving up for a new one. Then discovered slip when putting the foot down on the motorway when already in gear.

Racingline describe the standard manual clutch as being like chocolate. They don’t sell clutch’s so they’re not saying it to make money off of people.

Reactions: Semtax

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I know you like to be our resident grumpy ******* :D, but In this case @LouG you are wrong.

The standard clutch can’t take more than the standard torque and slips when already in gear. Not talking when someone boots it off the line.

Plenty of people have been sympathetic to the cars not wanting to destroy their clutches while saving up for a new one. Then discovered slip when putting the foot down on the motorway when already in gear.

Racingline describe the standard manual clutch as being like chocolate. They don’t sell clutch’s so they’re not saying it to make money off of people.
Do you know if the 7 speed wet DSG, DQ380, can take the same amount of torque as the wet 6, DQ250? Most remap sites don't seem to list the WLTP engine or mention the DQ380. Don't want to ruin my clutch with a remap that puts too much torque through the gearbox.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Do you know if the 7 speed wet DSG, DQ380, can take the same amount of torque as the wet 6, DQ250? Most remap sites don't seem to list the WLTP engine or mention the DQ380. Don't want to ruin my clutch with a remap that puts too much torque through the gearbox.
DQ380 / 381 take more than DQ250. My TVS stage2+ dsgtune is rated for 600nm. Stage 3 700nm

Reactions: Kirky
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members