what did you and your mk3 leon do today

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Happy with them?Link for the indicators?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LYA-L29 met Tapatalk
Yup. Would have been happier if no clips were broken when I took the housing off, but wasn't unexpected

Bought mine from Ali express

£36.29 44%OFF | 1Pair LED Dynamic Turn Signal Light For SEAT LEON III 5F IBIZA V KJ1 ARONA KJ7 Car Side Wing Rearview Mirror Blinker Indicator
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/mzgpRVde

Last edited:
Reactions: Spuddy01

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
F558B6EA-47D7-4ED9-8725-E442737200F2.jpeg
7A399C20-BBFC-46DF-94C3-0A9575398D7C.jpeg
Result from Apr stage 1 from rr day

Last edited:

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
just discovered that I haven't got car play link after spending a lot of money on my Mk3 yesterday, you'd think it'd be included. Just states needs activation key.

Is it worth paying £200? I have an iphone and heard it doesnt work as good compared to android phone. I'd like to use the google maps with it being a decent sat nav. The car one is alright though tbh with it stating which lane to use ect...

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Took out my carpet mats and cleaned/ extracted them then put them to sleep.

Replaced with universal rubber ones for the winter months :clap:

Reactions: Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
T

Is that copper Cupra lettering standard? Quite like it on your colour. Very nice :santa:
No, I bought copper vinyl and did the letters and flag at the front. I think there isn't enough copper detail stock so I just added a little extra. Think it suits the black, silver, white and grey cars but not so much on the coloured options.

Reactions: Zer0

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
No, I bought copper vinyl and did the letters and flag at the front. I think there isn't enough copper detail stock so I just added a little extra. Think it suits the black, silver, white and grey cars but not so much on the coloured options.
Agreed I’m not a fan of the copper usually

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
1. Sorted (fingers crossed) the mystery of the deflating new Michelin (faulty valve core).

2. Gave it some winter love. Decent clean & polish to give it a bit of protection over the coming months.
IMG_1954.JPG

3. Transferred my number plate onto the car, the other one has moved to sunnier climes where I can enjoy it so will have a spanish plate now.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Got half way through my 1100 mile round trip.
1. Sorted (fingers crossed) the mystery of the deflating new Michelin (faulty valve core).

2. Gave it some winter love. Decent clean & polish to give it a bit of protection over the coming months.

3. Transferred my number plate onto the car, the other one has moved to sunnier climes where I can enjoy it so will have a spanish plate now.
Looks like you've got a bit of tar between the light and grill

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
...Looks like you've got a bit of tar between the light and grill

That is a little stone chip in the plastic part. It doesn't have that many, and the few on the bonnet don't really show because of the paint colour, but on the plastic parts the black plastic gets exposed and it's more obvious.

There are some tar spots left, because I'm not a "detailer" just wanted to get some polish on the SC as the weather hasn't been suitable recently.
With the amount of mud on the local roads it will be filthy within a few miles anyway..Come back summer!

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Bought a Leon 150 eco tsi 2016. When I set off in first I seem to lose a bit of traction(not every time) Is there a ABS traction button on the leon or a setting somewhere. My Ibiza 62 had a button for dry/wet weather conditions to change the traction. Might just be me putting a bit too much power behind setting off, might just be used to setting off in my ibiza still which obviously it had less power behind compared to leon

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Bought a Leon 150 eco tsi 2016. When I set off in first I seem to lose a bit of traction(not every time) Is there a ABS traction button on the leon or a setting somewhere. My Ibiza 62 had a button for dry/wet weather conditions to change the traction. Might just be me putting a bit too much power behind setting off, might just be used to setting off in my ibiza still which obviously it had less power behind compared to leon
@Wilkesy; What tyres do you have? If they’re ‘hard as nails’ Bridgestones, then cold / wet weather grip tends to be poor, which could explain loss of traction when pulling away from rest. Same would probably be true if the original tyres have been replaced with a set of ‘cheap as chips’ ditch finders.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
@Wilkesy; What tyres do you have? If they’re ‘hard as nails’ Bridgestones, then cold / wet weather grip tends to be poor, which could explain loss of traction when pulling away from rest. Same would probably be true if the original tyres have been replaced with a set of ‘cheap as chips’ ditch finders.

cheers for the quick reply. Back two are yokoham Bluearth and the front two are dunlop sport max. Bought the car at 13k miles so not sure if they've been replaced or not but they look fresh with them not looking worn

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
cheers for the quick reply. Back two are yokoham Bluearth and the front two are dunlop sport max. Bought the car at 13k miles so not sure if they've been replaced or not but they look fresh with them not looking worn

Mine had Dunlop SportMaxx on (original fit) just changed this week.

Check the pressures first (go for the Comfort value) the Normal value is designed to maximise the MPG figures for the car and in the real world means less traction, increased stopping distance and a crashy ride.

The SportMaxx don't like the cold, more so than most road tyres I've had. Below about 8 degrees they really struggle for traction. They improve once you've done a few miles but still not perfect. Dry grip and handling in warmer weather was good.

Just fitted Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and unsurprisingly its a huge improvement. More grip, no axle tramping and it's hard to provoke the traction control in 2nd and 3ed on wet'n'muddy roads.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise