Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Good luck. Let me know how you get on. The Service Bulletin Number is 2050266/10 and dated 15/11/2019 if you need to direct him to it.

Got mine booked in for a service in a couple of weeks so will mention it then.
Yeah let me know if it helps with things

i want to get the missus to learn how to drive but i do not see the point with this car, there is no way on this planet she will be able to drive it. I have to compensate for the engines weakness’s so there is no way a new driver would cope with it

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ah, so it only covers DACA engine code, not DADA, which is the 150PS version maybe without these issues, certainly my mate's May18 reg'd VW T-Roc with the DADA engine seems to be okay, so does my wife's friend's ???18 VW Golf - engine code/output unknown, or does anyone think that the 150PS 6MT models are also involved.

Edit:- sorry ignore all that, DADA engines were covered earlier in this thread!

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Anyone had this done yet? And has it cured the issue?

Audi are denying any such fix on their A3 DADA engine, so Seat must be the guinea pigs for this!

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
I'm going to chance it tomorrow and drop into a dealer and mention it to see what they say. Strictly speaking if you have your car serviced at a SEAT main dealer they should be updating every control unit if a new software version is available at the point of service. Horton SEAT in Lincoln make this claim on the website so others should follow suit

Reactions: Leonfr140

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'm going to chance it tomorrow and drop into a dealer and mention it to see what they say. Strictly speaking if you have your car serviced at a SEAT main dealer they should be updating every control unit if a new software version is available at the point of service. Horton SEAT in Lincoln make this claim on the website so others should follow suit

I think that closer to the truth is, when you hand the car in for a service etc, the service desk person either checks for outstanding updates - there will be at least 2 types, important and so implement, only implement if customer reports an issue and manufacturer needs to quickly slip in something to correct an emissions error after being caught out, or the VW Group dealership service system detects that automatically when that car's service history is pulled up.

I know for a fact that VW did not bother to check for engine ECU updates for my wife's old 2002 Polo in 2003 or 2004 after an important update was available - maybe due to "wait until customer complains", when I started getting annoyed with them a few years later that s/w file number had moved out of their view - so never existed - so we had to live with a car that frequently, in winter spat out bank 2 problems and fuel trim errors that should have been suppressed by that s/w change.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Same here. The SEAT dealer will only apply updates if a problem is reported by the customer. This doesn't apply to nav system updates, there are three free yearly ones. Factory recalls are done as a matter of course.
Mine's getting the indicator fix his week.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Had the seat service dept on the phone

they cannot see that update.... aparently

Have you got, or got access to VCDS or OBD Eleven, if so maybe post up your engine controller p/n if only to see if there is a S/W issue update for that controller, also post up that controller's current S/W version issue.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland

Did you get anywhere with this at all, especially as you already know that they seems to be an update out there waiting for you?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Have you got, or got access to VCDS or OBD Eleven, if so maybe post up your engine controller p/n if only to see if there is a S/W issue update for that controller, also post up that controller's current S/W version issue.
Got neither

i quoted the update number and release date to seat over the phone and they told me they couldn’t find any software updates for the vehicle

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Got neither

i quoted the update number and release date to seat over the phone and they told me they couldn’t find any software updates for the vehicle

How about giving SEAT UK CS a ring to see what they say, without initially saying that you have had a chat with your local dealership?

Edit:- even someone with Carista would be able to see which issue of controller is in that car, and possibly even the current S/W issue version.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
How about giving SEAT UK CS a ring to see what they say, without initially saying that you have had a chat with your local dealership?

Edit:- even someone with Carista would be able to see which issue of controller is in that car, and possibly even the current S/W issue version.
I think it was Seat themselves that phoned (not the local dealership)

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
When I get home tonight I'll post up a copy of the PDF I saved from Erwin. It's on my laptop and I'm on my phone.

Edit - I haven't been past my nearest dealer yet myself to ask them. My nearest is Peterborough but I would rather use the one in Lincoln. Both aren't nearby unfortunately.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Without being involved with this issue, from reading many VW Group motoring forums, it does seem to only affect manual trans cars, I'd guess that the DSG gearboxes mask/hide this to a great extent. Though if their engine controller does show that a S/W is required then they would still get it.

Edit'd to correct glaring spelling error and missing word!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Loadmaster748

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
One thing is, it seems like quite a lot of people do not have any problems with their 1.5TSI engines in cars with manual trans, so it depends on how VW Group play this game, ie if customer does not report having any problems, they could possibly leave the older version of S/W in the engine's ECU, now if they update all cars with 1.5TSI and some people who had no issue then start to have drivability issues - what then?

I can see that neither my mate with his May 2018 VW T-Roc or my wife's friend with her 2017 Golf - both of which claim to have no drivability issues when cold, will be interested to getting new S/W dumped into their cars - I'd also expect that all customers would have to either complain and get new S/W or say nothing in which case the dealership should be asking for their permission before any unrequested new version of S/W is dumped into their property, and these owners should then be requested to sign a "refusal" document to keep VW Group in the clear.

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
Here you go. My VIN edited but this covers all 1.5 engines in the SEAT range as you can see.

Attachments

• TSI 1.5 TSB (1).pdf
    521.7 KB · Views: 491