Mirror Link / Apple car play

DaRa

Nov 21, 2019
So I would like to setup a way to have my GPS app (Waze) to display on the auto-radio screen.

I went to Seat but they guy in charge wasn't here, so the other guy told me it should be between 200-300$, take an hour, and don't need any hardware, just a license activation.

Due to the fact that I am on MiB1 I am sceptical about those information.

I did search quite a lot on youtube and amazon and there a lot of device you put between your phone and auto radio, but mainly for Mercedes.

Any idea or suggestion ?
Have you recently upgraded your Leon to AppleCar Play (or any other mirroring app)

Last edited:

Stevie1

Jul 21, 2019
So I would like to setup a way to have my GPS app (Waze) to display on the auto-radio screen.

I went to Seat but they guy in charge wasn't here, so the other guy told me it should be between 200-300$, take an hour, and don't need any hardware, just a licence activation.

Due to the fact that I am o, MiB1 I am scpeticol about thise information.

I did search quite a lot on youtube and amazon and there a lot of device you put between your phone and auto radio, but mainly for Mercedes.

Any idea or suggestion ?
Have you recently upgraded your Leon to AppleCar Play (or any other mirroring app)
I recently had full link activated in my 2016 1.4 FR. It cost me in total about £180 (approximately €215) which included the fee of £150 to activate the software and a new connector at the back of the USB port to support Apple CarPlay. Android Auto worked without the connector but Apple CarPlay needed an upgraded part. My unit I believe is a MIB2. If I remember right from my research before I got it done it’s not possible on the MIB1 units but I could be wrong....

Reactions: DaRa

DaRa

Nov 21, 2019
I recently had full link activated in my 2016 1.4 FR. It cost me in total about £180 (approximately €215) which included the fee of £150 to activate the software and a new connector at the back of the USB port to support Apple CarPlay. Android Auto worked without the connector but Apple CarPlay needed an upgraded part. My unit I believe is a MIB2. If I remember right from my research before I got it done it’s not possible on the MIB1 units but I could be wrong....
Thanks for your very detailed answer.
So what you say make sense to what I have read/watch :
1 software update
1 hardware piece
Make me think I can get the software for free (somehow...)
And I can get the hardware part for much cheaper, let's say 30€
So it would be 30€ instead of 200+

Now there is the whole MIB1 vs 2 thing which I struggle to find information about...

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
From what I'm aware if the usb is in the glove box it can't be done, unless you get a huge list of parts like mib2 screen etc, then quite abit of coding

Reactions: DaRa

DaRa

Nov 21, 2019
From what I'm aware if the usb is in the glove box it can't be done, unless you get a huge list of parts like mib2 screen etc, then quite abit of coding
that would be really really really sad... but I am afraid it's the case...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members