Right and Left Vent Heat Differences

Syerate

Sep 6, 2019
Hello,

I don't know if anyone has had or has a similar issue to this. But for some reason my right vents (driver) don't produce as much heat as the left vents (passenger). I have plugged a diagnostic tablet into the OBD connection and checked the actuator outputs and vent temperatures.

The temperature displayed in Fahrenheit (when settings are on highest), from the working vents (left) is around 170 (70c), where as the defective vents on the right are displaying a temp of 110 (40c) ish. I have checked the sensors and probed the vents my self and got the same temps as mentioned on the tablet used to scan the car.

I am not sure what I should check next as it seems as if for some reason the car is just not providing higher temps for the right vents but left ones are working fine.

Any help would be appreciated, also there are no fault codes.

(Car - 64 Seat Leon FR 2.0TDI)

Thanks.

Last edited:

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Hello,

I don't know if anyone has had or has a similar issue to this. But for some reason my right vents (driver) don't produce as much heat as the left vents (passenger). I have plugged a diagnostic tablet into the OBD connection and checked the actuator outputs and vent temperatures.

The temperature displayed in Fahrenheit (when settings are on highest), from the working vents (left) is around 170 (70c), where as the defective vents on the right are displaying a temp of 110 (40c) ish. I have checked the sensors and probed the vents my self and got the same temps as mentioned on the tablet used to scan the car.

I am not sure what I should check next as it seems as if for some reason the car is just not providing higher temps for the right vents but left ones are working fine.

Any help would be appreciated, also there are no fault codes.

(Car - 64 Seat Leon FR 2.0TDI)

Thanks.

A number of MQB car owners (Leon, Octavia, Golf) are finding that the heater matrix is failing.

This thread explains how the matrix can be replaced:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/aircon-and-heater-doesnt-work.432793/page-4

Last edited:
Reactions: bgb

Soundlab

Sep 14, 2019
Interestingly, I noticed on the way to work this morning that my passenger side vent was putting out cold air and the drivers side warm/hot air. I had both set to 16 degrees.

Mr_G

Oct 23, 2019
No idea on the technical side of things but could it be some kind of quirk / LHD design choice? The bonnet release is set up for LHD, the owners books assumes LHD when explaining stuff like the auto dipping mirror, lane assist etc so why not the heating layout - come up with one design that favours the bigger LHD market and save costs by using it in RHD cars even if it doesn't work as well as it should...

Different car admittedly but following on from the above, I had an Altea XL and from new that blew hotter / demisted the windscreen faster on the passenger side, a bit daft in a RHD car but would make perfect sense for LHD.

Syerate

Sep 6, 2019
I don't really think its the Matrix as the system produces hot air just fine, its just the hot air isn't being dispensed on the drivers side for some reason, maybe actuator flaps?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I understand what you are saying but I don't see how this would be the conclusion in my car if there was hot air on the drivers side before and now there is not.

Has your car got "Mit Silikat" written on the coolant reservoir, if so maybe it is a matrix issue.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.