Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

Vag8

Jul 5, 2019
Hi I also have a 1.5 130 96kw DACA,

I have issues from day 1 and have put up with the erratic behaviour/kangarooing from day one, been back to dealership several times and was advised to contact Seat uk about it, to be honest last checked with service manager about 6 weeks ago and a software update was pending/in development, so after seeing this thread I rang the dealer to book in a service and requested the update, was told that my VIN was not listed for the update, been back on to Seat uk who have taken it on board and contacted the dealer for diagnostic whilst in for service.

I will update once this has been done.

Has anyone received the update and can post any information on its improvement/or lack of?

After 12 months /8000miles patience is wearing thin and VAG lack of respect for its customers by not automatically recalling this issue has further dented confidence in their brand .... and after 8 vag cars (3 seats) it well maybe my last.

Reactions: Leonfr140

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex

I have issues from day 1 and have put up with the erratic behaviour/kangarooing from day one, been back to dealership several times and was advised to contact Seat uk about it, to be honest last checked with service manager about 6 weeks ago and a software update was pending/in development, so after seeing this thread I rang the dealer to book in a service and requested the update, was told that my VIN was not listed for the update, been back on to Seat uk who have taken it on board and contacted the dealer for diagnostic whilst in for service.

Has anyone received the update and can post any information on its improvement/or lack of?

After 12 months /8000miles patience is wearing thin and VAG lack of respect for its customers by not automatically recalling this issue has further dented confidence in their brand .... and after 8 vag cars (3 seats) it well maybe my last.
I have an ongoing complaint with them which hasn't been actioned / resolved yet!! Not the first time I've had issues with Seat / VWFS

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008

The guy i had on the phone said “are you sure it’s just not your driving”

andyrich

Ateca 1.5 FR Sport 150
Mar 10, 2015
I have an ongoing complaint with them which hasn't been actioned / resolved yet!! Not the first time I've had issues with Seat / VWFS

Same here, had the update done and has not worked, my car also cuts out when stopped at lights and needs to be manually started and also when driving but re starts itself then. Garage had my car for a month but Seat did not tell them to check for this issue so its back in now and they are driving it to see if it happens otherwise its ok. I am not stalling it as it is blatantly obvious when it stalls. Seat said the car was to be rejected but now backtracking, sounds like nobody talks to each other at Seat and pass on the wrong info.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Same here, had the update done and has not worked, my car also cuts out when stopped at lights and needs to be manually started and also when driving but re starts itself then. Garage had my car for a month but Seat did not tell them to check for this issue so its back in now and they are driving it to see if it happens otherwise its ok. I am not stalling it as it is blatantly obvious when it stalls. Seat said the car was to be rejected but now backtracking, sounds like nobody talks to each other at Seat and pass on the wrong info.
Sounds all to familiar, trying to reject at the moment but having to go to different places and getting told different information

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Hi I also have a 1.5 130 96kw DACA.

I have 1.5 TFSI 150 ps / S-Tronic A3 in for software update today. Will let you know how it drives.

We were looking at trading-in this vehicle after owning for 4 months as the driveability has been so poor - the staff at the VW dealership we visited stated that a customer that had this same issue since new on a T-Roc has had the software update completed has resolved it, so fingers crossed.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I have 1.5 TFSI 150 ps / S-Tronic A3 in for software update today. Will let you know how it drives.

We were looking at trading-in this vehicle after owning for 4 months as the driveability has been so poor - the staff at the VW dealership we visited stated that a customer that had this same issue since new on a T-Roc has had the software update completed has resolved it, so fingers crossed.

I was always under the impression that DSG disguised/minimised this problem, and that it was 6MT cars that suffered most.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I was always under the impression that DSG disguised/minimised this problem, and that it was 6MT cars that suffered most.
Whilst that is the census of opinion, our car (and others T-Roc, Karoq) have also complained of the issue with DSG/S-Tronic boxes.

Just driven it for an hour plus and it hasn’t really resolved the issue. I think that ours is clutch/gearbox related. It feels like the clutch slips when changing from odd to even gears, an intermittently making a metallic vibration noise.

At present this is very noticeable when pulling away from a stop, and exaggerated when auto handbrake is applied. With gearbox in 'D', As you pull away under approx 1/3 acceleration, the revs rise to 1500 rpm, but then drops to 1200 rpm without any change in throttle position, before revs rise again and changing into 2nd at c.1750 rpm. It’s this that makes the car jerky to drive, especially in traffic and when cold.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
We have that engine at home on the Ibiza FR, but with manual gearbox - neither me nor my girlfriend (who is the owner of the car and someone who I would definitely not call a good driver...) have any problems in driving the car or with the behaviours described here.
I think DSG cars will suffer more from the jerking.
Oh, and it is the 150bhp version of the engine, btw.

andyrich

Ateca 1.5 FR Sport 150
Mar 10, 2015
UPDATE Leon FR Sport 1.5l 130BHP
The situation is as follows, I pull up to a junction/traffic lights etc and intermittently the engine stops (not stop start) either with the clutch in and in gear or out of gear and either with stop start activated or not, it also cuts out when setting off (the car does not stall) every time I need to start the car manually some times I get the message 'start car manually' but often I get no warning, no warning lights nothing so when its in stop start I put it in gear nothing happens. Nearly been hit from behind and by on coming traffic. Its also cut out at 40mph but re started itself.

The dealer has had my car now for 19 days, they wasted 1 week looking at the wrong fault due to the wrong info from Seat CS (looking at kangarooing which after the update is not fixed neither is the hesitance pulling away) The garage have driven it for a week mainly on motorways so not stop starting and can't fault it, funny old think so they are now saying there is no fault. I think the garage have put at least 280 miles on my car which were pointless. The car was actually sent to the dealer by Seat UK because of this shutting down fault and sat there for 1 month at the end of October and nothing was done because they were waiting for this software update, when I asked the service manager today if the software update was also to fix the shutting down issue he replied yes, so you agree there is a fault I replied, he would not answer this. I am now waiting for the dealer principal to email me with how I can prove the fault. Seat CS won't answer my questions getting fobbed of with we are investigating it with the garage.
What do I do now, Seat finance are being as awkward as Seat CS so if I stop paying I am in the wrong.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Update, had a phone call from Seat FS accepting my complaint/ rejection , they'll help me get out of car. So hopefully it'll all be sorted out very soon

jimmyjimmy

Jan 27, 2020
I have a 1.5 TSI Leon and suffered with the kangaroo since late 2018 from new. I was told in Spring that an update was due but with no estimate. I had the update finally applied in December and it was a lot better for a few days, but now it drives worse than it was before. Local dealer claims there is no fault present. I am stuck in an awkward limbo with VWFS not accepting my rejection, the dealer claiming its fault free, and yet it kangaroos every single day. It's the worse car I have ever driven.

I really have no idea what I can even do now.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
I have a 1.5 TSI Leon and suffered with the kangaroo since late 2018 from new. I was told in Spring that an update was due but with no estimate. I had the update finally applied in December and it was a lot better for a few days, but now it drives worse than it was before. Local dealer claims there is no fault present. I am stuck in an awkward limbo with VWFS not accepting my rejection, the dealer claiming its fault free, and yet it kangaroos every single day. It's the worse car I have ever driven.

I really have no idea what I can even do now.
Wow that's not good, so update has made it worse? In what way? My car was a lease and I contacted my dealer that I got the car from (not a local dealer) so all communication was via email it was a long battle (mainly finding who I really needed to contact) but I said to them that I had been to my local dealer and prove that my car was affected and having a 2 year old safety was my main priority, so I had a letter acceptingy my concerns and they waived an amount and gave me back initial rental, I've now ordered / will get in a few weeks a Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 115 SE L, hope you can sort something out

Reactions: jimmyjimmy

jimmyjimmy

Jan 27, 2020
I hope your Skoda is much better.

My Leon has more flat spots now during acceleration. They are noticeable than before the update especially in 2nd and 3rd gear. It feels like ECO is kicking in but it's not.
The juddering when starting from cold is still there so I have to quickly change to 2nd which seems to improve it.
Driving in traffic is horrendous. I have to turn stop start off every time.
The car won't hesitate if I apply around 1300 revs in 1st gear from stopped.

The update was meant to fix all this but has done the opposite.:banghead::banghead2