Seat Ibiza 2014 Garmin Console skipping and not updating song

Dec 21, 2019
Hey,
So I have a 2014 Ibiza and the Garmin Console worked fine to play music through via Bluetooth until recently. However, when you first start it up, it skips (bad, like misses out a few seconds at a time) for about a minute, and then play normal. It will then also do it whenever you pause and then unpause a song or if you skip a song. It also doesn’t update the details on the screen, it will only show the details of the first song you played on that journey.
Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have any advice?
Thanks,
Kirstan

Alfski

Mar 18, 2018
Herts/Essex Border
Hey,
So I have a 2014 Ibiza and the Garmin Console worked fine to play music through via Bluetooth until recently. However, when you first start it up, it skips (bad, like misses out a few seconds at a time) for about a minute, and then play normal. It will then also do it whenever you pause and then unpause a song or if you skip a song. It also doesn’t update the details on the screen, it will only show the details of the first song you played on that journey.
Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have any advice?
Thanks,
Kirstan
Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having Kirstan.

Unfortunately I've also been having issues with my Garmin Console in my own 2014 Ibiza. Mine doesn't want to connect with my phones hotspot so I cant get Live Traffic nor Speed Camera Updates. I've updated to the latest operating system but it still wont work with my phone.

Also, the Garmin Console randomly counts itself down to turn off whilst its plugged in and I'm driving which is absolutely infuriating!

I really dont rate these Garmin SEAT units at all

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Dec 21, 2019
Ah no, sorry to hear you’re having trouble too!

I love the car besides the console, it really is such a pain at the moment. I just feel like it’s gonna be one of those things where I take it to a dealer to fix and they have no clue.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having Kirstan.

Unfortunately I've also been having issues with my Garmin Console in my own 2014 Ibiza. Mine doesn't want to connect with my phones hotspot so I cant get Live Traffic nor Speed Camera Updates. I've updated to the latest operating system but it still wont work with my phone.

Also, the Garmin Console randomly counts itself down to turn off whilst its plugged in and I'm driving which is absolutely infuriating!

I really dont rate these Garmin SEAT units at all

Alfski

Mar 18, 2018
Herts/Essex Border
Ah no, sorry to hear you’re having trouble too!

I love the car besides the console, it really is such a pain at the moment. I just feel like it’s gonna be one of those things where I take it to a dealer to fix and they have no clue.
Yes same here the car itself is absolutely brilliant aside from the Garmin Console issue.

I really wouldn't care or even bother to use it bar the fact that you need to have it on for the car to enable its bluetooth phone call functionality.

I wonder if we can replace the radio headunit with a single din so as to by-pass having to use the Garmin Console at all?