Res delete

Madmick

Mar 6, 2019
Anyone in north east used exhaust doctor for res delete

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Semtax

Jan 18, 2018
I was going to, quoted £120 but he had quite the wait time, ended up using a Zaustworx Res delete for £60, 20 minutes to install!

Tempted by one of these myself. Some of the Youtube videos make it sound asbo loud though. How do you find it?

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Tempted by one of these myself. Some of the Youtube videos make it sound asbo loud though. How do you find it?
I love it, like really love it! I debated getting it done for months as I didn't want any drone! Gotta admit when I first drove it I wasn't a fan, it was waaaay louder than I had expected, but after a day or so I fell in love with it!

However that's only when getting on it, driving around normal you can't really notice the difference, just a very slight increase in tone, it's nice!

Here's mine,

Reactions: zzakzz17 and Semtax

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
When you’re just driving normal it’s fine as soon as you hit 3K RPM it gets pretty loud very quickly but it sounds nice not like the shitty ford 1.0 eco booms with a hole in their exhaust and a fake BOV stuck on the engine making a fake hissing noise from the guys at halfrauds with a “BecauseFord” sticker on the front windscreen.

(sorry I got carried away)

Semtax

Jan 18, 2018
Appreciate the videos and opinions lads! I think im going to have to give it a go. E especially as its so cheap.

I do a good bit of city driving so hopefully it doesn't cause too much of a scene

Reactions: Madmick

Madmick

Mar 6, 2019
Mick did you go to him in the end? I'm north east and looking for the same thing..
No not yet was hoping someone had used them before and if they were reasonable i know zausworx deliver them for about 60quid ish but didn't want the chew of finding someone to fit it

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
No not yet was hoping someone had used them before and if they were reasonable i know zausworx deliver them for about 60quid ish but didn't want the chew of finding someone to fit it

Yeah that's my dilemma haha. Not that I have the car yet lol but like to look in advance. Tony banks is good in Leeds but its a bit of a trek for me. He quoted 560 for a straight pipe from the cat to tips at the rear. May just go the res delete only seeing as its only a 2 year lease..

UnworthyBean

Dec 6, 2019
Not on my Seat but on a previous Skoda I had the silencer removed, new tips put on and the bumper cut out for £170. Was still going strong when I sold it 3 years later.

Not sure how much just for the delete but I'd recommend the work they did.

Semtax

Jan 18, 2018
Bit of a mess up on my part. The Zaustworx Res delete I got ended up being the correct shape but had the wrong diameter at one end for my car. It would have required a bit of fettling / welding to fit it correctly so im going to put it up for sale on here soon.

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Bit of a mess up on my part. The Zaustworx Res delete I got ended up being the correct shape but had the wrong diameter at one end for my car. It would have required a bit of fettling / welding to fit it correctly so im going to put it up for sale on here soon.
They also sell the required step down sleeve clamps, worth a call!

Reactions: Semtax

Semtax

Jan 18, 2018
Good to know thanks Nora2004!

I ended up just getting a VAGsport one fitted on the day as the garage I use had those in stock. Christ on a bike its loud :cheeky:

Dec 20, 2019
Someone delete res in 1.4tsi version? Thinking about this, or last muffler delete- which one should sounds better? Dont want drone, just little more agresive sound

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Someone delete res in 1.4tsi version? Thinking about this, or last muffler delete- which one should sounds better? Dont want drone, just little more agresive sound
Just get back box taken out on the 1.4 if I was you

Dec 20, 2019
Thank You Guys! Thats why i asking- in videos from Youtube it sounds good, but reality is different :) Especially for daily use.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Getting my res put back in if anyone is interested message me. Sounds good but I’m fed up with the noise for how I use the car (daily , long drives, early starts and late finishes) so going back to stock exhaust

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members