Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Yeah that’s quite likely. I wonder how obvious it is? You’d think it’d be pretty obvious, maybe not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It didn't rain for 8 minutes today... so yanked the plugs n pollen filter. They didn't look particularly bad, but got a new set in the black Friday sale.
upload_2019-12-23_18-56-27.png

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Do you just pop the covers off?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Any news on the sports cat situation Jon ?
was so gutted i couldn't help i was buzzing the whole way home thinking yes i can maybe sort this haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Any news on the sports cat situation Jon ?
was so gutted i couldn't help i was buzzing the whole way home thinking yes i can maybe sort this haha

The garage wouldn't answer which version they'd fitted. But based on the price, I believe it can only be the track one. They just said well, it's MOT'd now till xmas 2020. So bring it in earlier next year. However, I want to get some bits n pieces done before the Nationals this year. So will be heading back to R-tech hopefully early summer and see what they recommend whilst I'm there. Thanks for thinking of me anyways!

Reactions: ash_89

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Decided to scan the car (cause that's what we do for fun right). Sat sobbing for a while at the number of errors (ABS, traction control, steering, engine management). Then noticed they all occurred with the exact same timestamp. Then remembered the look on @Maypack s face when his car came off the rolling road with 100 errors on the dash. Panic over me thinks... but you would have thought they'd delete the fault codes!?
upload_2020-1-2_20-51-3.png

On the bright side, long term fuel trim is now down to 0.8% (after 500 miles) (from Revo's 13%). And it could be my imagination but revs seem to be lower when cruising @70 in 6th gear (2500vs3200). Guess I'll know for sure when I get to Blackpool!

Only thing that takes some getting used to at the moment with the R-Tech map... if I give it eg 35-40% throttle then decide stuff this and apply eg 75-80%, previously the car would start going faster straight away. But now it feels like it dumps all boost (throwing me forward), exhausts sounds like it farts then I'm pinned to the seat at warp 9. Not sure if this is the traction control mapping or some way of kicking boost out quicker. But it's almost like when your in an Automatic and you kickdown a gear. Hard to describe really... but do you guys get something similar @Jairm88 @gurpz94 ?

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-2_20-50-52.png
    upload_2020-1-2_20-50-52.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 112

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
I know what you mean Jon mines stg2+ rtech
I think It’s the way niki maps the tcs .
Quicker you put your foot down the harder the tcs kicks in , Ive now learned how to use it properly going from a nuisance to an advantage
I put my foot down say half 40-50% way round a Bend then on the exit 80+% farts sometimes for a split second as you say . then she’s off like a bat out of hell
His tcs map is designed to not cut out aggressively and to recover the power cut faster
I’m thinking could your abs sensor fault be causing the power to cut ?

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I know what you mean Jon mines stg2+ rtech
I think It’s the way niki maps the tcs .
Quicker you put your foot down the harder the tcs kicks in , Ive now learned how to use it properly going from a nuisance to an advantage
I put my foot down say half 40-50% way round a Bend then on the exit 80+% farts sometimes for a split second as you say . then she’s off like a bat out of hell
His tcs map is designed to not cut out aggressively and to recover the power cut faster
I’m thinking could your abs sensor fault be causing the power to cut ?

Glad it's not just me. I think it's only a split second as when I look in the rear view, cars are disappearing in the distance. It's just really unpleasant for me and passengers who think I can't drive as they are thrown forward and back.

I've cleared the ABS faults and they haven't come back... I suspect they appeared on the dyno ... wonder if it's because the front wheels are doing 140mph and the rear wheels aren't moving that throws the fault!?

Reactions: Yellow fr

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I've cleared the ABS faults and they haven't come back... I suspect they appeared on the dyno ... wonder if it's because the front wheels are doing 140mph and the rear wheels aren't moving that throws the fault!?

It will do that, the wheel sensors are designed to show wheels moving within a margin of other, I suspect 140mph and 0mph is outside of that margin! lol. If it was an ongoing fault you would get the ABS light as well I would think.

Reactions: Legojon

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Do the abs sensors also work out if you have a flat/tyre pressure issue or is there an actual sensor in the wheels? (Kinda on topic . . )

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Do the abs sensors also work out if you have a flat/tyre pressure issue or is there an actual sensor in the wheels? (Kinda on topic . . )

Its done on rotational speed on the Leon. So if a wheel is spinning after than the others it knows there is an issue and thats likely to be a flat tyre so it pings the light.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.