what did you and your mk3 leon do today

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Could well be. I never managed to do a quick and smooth gear change with the delay valve or spring on the car.
Removing the delay valve for me made the most difference.
Neither job is difficult.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

might have to do that as the gear change sucks, coming from a civic type r that has an amazing box on it to this pudding

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
might have to do that as the gear change sucks, coming from a civic type r that has an amazing box on it to this pudding
i can imagine. Cant say i was overly impressed with quick gear changes but its alot better now buddy. Whether it will ever be as good as a type r i dont know . Post up how you get on mate.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
i can imagine. Cant say i was overly impressed with quick gear changes but its alot better now buddy. Whether it will ever be as good as a type r i dont know . Post up how you get on mate.

Do you know if it's possible on a 1.4?

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
Sorry i dont know. You can take a look under the dash at the clutch pedal assembly to see if you have the spring.

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Put my lower back cushion in.

No achey back on my commute to work this morning.
I saw a post on here a while ago and a few others agreed that their seats are rather uncomfortable and said they had the same problems with the lower back and couldn't find a comfortable seating position. If i could remember which members they were i would tag them, but this seems to have fixed my problem so thought i'd share. :dance:

Attachments

• IMG_3914.JPG
    IMG_3914.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 200

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Your carpet looks immaculate. 5 minutes after cleaning mine it looks like someone dragged a tree through it

They weren’t like that before the photos - but a quick vacuum and run over with Wax&Away Interior cleaner, and it’s looking fresh :)

Obviously as soon as someone sits in the front, all that work is ruined!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
They weren’t like that before the photos - but a quick vacuum and run over with Wax&Away Interior cleaner, and it’s looking fresh :)

Obviously as soon as someone sits in the front, all that work is ruined!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Compared to my old Civic the carpets appear to be a debris magnet. Same with my partner's Fiesta, the carpet on that is really good for releasing bits.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Enabled ‘ambient colours based on driving profile’ and added 4 more colours to the infotainment. Using VCDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what does that do? Means like Comfort you can have blue, sport you can white, and cupra have red? Similar to the old 280 with white and red?

I want the screen menus to change colour to match the door colours like they do on the more recent cars...

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I want the screen menus to change colour to match the door colours like they do on the more recent cars...

Does that happen on the new 69 plate cars? Just bought MrsMaypack a Desire Red 150bhp FR Black which has the Digital Dash. She will love it if the colours all match.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
So what does that do? Means like Comfort you can have blue, sport you can white, and cupra have red? Similar to the old 280 with white and red?

Exactly, you still only get two colour changes, that were originally white and red. However you can now set them to whatever colour you would like.

I am looking into driving profile datasets, as Audi’s have 4 modes and 4 different light colours. However this will take some time....

As for the infotainment colours, after scanning mine (2018) and an fr (2019) there is no setting to enable colour changing menus. I heard a rumour to gain this feature you need to software update the unit. Which makes sense based on the above.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Compared to my old Civic the carpets appear to be a debris magnet. Same with my partner's Fiesta, the carpet on that is really good for releasing bits.
I came from a type r civic, far superior quality carpets and mats, SEAT uses the cheap horrible stuff that gets everything stuck in it, audi uses the decent stuff seat gets the rubbish

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Weird that they didn't put CLA 45 if they are trying to pretend to be something they aren't.
reminds me of the "M1" Hatchback I saw the other day with a single exhaust pipe out the bottom, but shotgun steel pipes stuck into the rear bumper on each side. It parks in the same car park as me at work, and my brother has taken to parking his M140 next to it to prove a point. :whistle:

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
reminds me of the "M1" Hatchback I saw the other day with a single exhaust pipe out the bottom, but shotgun steel pipes stuck into the rear bumper on each side. It parks in the same car park as me at work, and my brother has taken to parking his M140 next to it to prove a point. :whistle:
Need to see a photo of this monstrosity lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.