Coming/leaving home function has stopped working

Jan 5, 2020
Hi guys,

I have a Seat Leon FR Sport 2019.
I have always had the coming/leaving home function enabled in settings and up until last week it has been working flawlessly.
Recently, it has stopped working completely - the headlights turn off as soon as the car is locked and do not turn on automatically when the car is unlocked as per the coming/leaving home function.
The automatic headlights still work as expected.
I have tried factory resetting the headhunt, turning the setting off, driving for a few days then turning it back on.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
If you press the unlock button again do they come on?

If my lights weren’t on when I locked the car but it is dark when I unlock it again, I need to press unlock for the lights to come on.

Jan 5, 2020
Hi thanks for the reply,
No they don't even at night when the lights are automatically on, as soon as I turn the ignition off they turn off, normally they would stay on.
When I lock the car they remain off and when I unlock they car they remain off.
I didn't change any settings on the headhunt, this just started happening out of the blue

PaulyM

still learning
Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
Silly question. Have you moved the switch away from the AUTO position? I know you said they come on at night, but if you have them set to the normal headlight position I am fairly sure they turn on and off with ignition (I might be wrong though).

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Silly question. Have you moved the switch away from the AUTO position? I know you said they come on at night, but if you have them set to the normal headlight position I am fairly sure they turn on and off with ignition (I might be wrong though).
I assume from the lack of response this could well have been the solution. :lol:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I can't remember which car I did this one, but switch was 0 - parking lights - headlights - AUTO. So I parked up, and waited, so turned it to sidelights only. When I got going again, I just turned once to headlights only, didn't put to AUTO, and wondering why they don't work...for a good week, until I started my car again, and wondered why my headlights were on in bright daylight!

mindeto

Aug 19, 2021
Kaunas
Heya, anyone knows why my coming home lights doesn't work? When I lock my car, lights are off, when I unlock it -- lights are on (during night time, when AUTO lights would turn on). Switch is on Auto always, I have retrofited auto lights and coded with Obd11, menu function is set on CH/LH lights. Any ideas?

Thank you

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
I had this once….it was because I’d parked under a street light and the light from that confused the sensor. Have you changed your parking location?

mindeto

Aug 19, 2021
Kaunas
Hello, thanks for the reply. It doesn't matter even if Im in a pitch black field or in parking lot. It acts the same :) unlock - lights on, lock - no lights. I will try reseting this function, maybe this will help

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
You have a time set in the menu for coming home and leaving home? Different times can be set for the two functions, sorry if this has been checked but don’t know if they were working ok before.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.