MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Well I called and got no update as expected

strange call tho as he really seemed to not want to tell me anything and kept saying he will pass me onto my complaint manager which has never happened before

still status 20

Reactions: Ali Bailey

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Well I called and got no update as expected

strange call tho as he really seemed to not want to tell me anything and kept saying he will pass me onto my complaint manager which has never happened before

still status 20
I had that once. The girl was talking so fast and panicked that i couldn't get what she was saying. Sounded so desperate to keep me happy and kept trying to refer me to customer complaints. In the end she asked if I wanted to escalate my "complaint" to management, so I just said "i guess...?" and now i get weekly updates on my car plus the offer of a good will gesture. Can't complain.

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
Is the engine supposed to revert back to comfort mode everytime the car is turned off then back on? Or just the gearbox?
Reason i ask is on my 19plate, when im in comfort mode then switch the dsg box to "S" i get no pops, bangs or farts in comfort but if i switch the mode to sport or cupra i get loads of pops, bangs &farts if i then switch off the engine, the next time i start the car it says its still in sport/cupra but gearbox in "D" i flick the dsg box to "S" and i get pops and bangs again without changing the mode

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Is the engine supposed to revert back to comfort mode everytime the car is turned off then back on? Or just the gearbox?
Reason i ask is on my 19plate, when im in comfort mode then switch the dsg box to "S" i get no pops, bangs or farts in comfort but if i switch the mode to sport or cupra i get loads of pops, bangs &farts if i then switch off the engine, the next time i start the car it says its still in sport/cupra but gearbox in "D" i flick the dsg box to "S" and i get pops and bangs again without changing the mode

Yep all models are the same, bit of a pain really! Some thing it’s for safety reasons so your not ragging the engine before it’s up to temp but the car doesn’t flick into cupra/sport mode once up to temp so that doesn’t seem like a genuine argument..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashley_ng

Jan 27, 2019
Yep all models are the same, bit of a pain really! Some thing it’s for safety reasons so your not ragging the engine before it’s up to temp but the car doesn’t flick into cupra/sport mode once up to temp so that doesn’t seem like a genuine argument..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems abit daft, just dont understand why i get no pops or anything when in comfort mode but if i switch the car off in sport/cupra mode all i have to do is change the dsg box into sport when i start the car and it pops and bangs again

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Seems abit daft, just dont understand why i get no pops or anything when in comfort mode but if i switch the car off in sport/cupra mode all i have to do is change the dsg box into sport when i start the car and it pops and bangs again

Yeah dsg must be in sport for pops and bangs to occur. I don't get much of either but some burbles on overrun.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Just spoke to Seat and have confirmed week 4 build week, so should be end of Feb at the dealers!

Aquarius Ace scheduled to leave Barcelona on the 2nd Feb (if I 'win the lottery' mine may be on that as well). Due in Sheerness on the 9th with Grimsby and Tyne each one day later......

SecretWeapon

Jun 29, 2009
Been lurking on this thread for a while...

I ordered on 15th August from LO and was told yesterday that the car has been built and is expected with the dealer in the next 4 weeks.

I guess it’s waiting to set sail alongside a load more :shrug:

Lmil35

Cupra 290 Lux
Sep 8, 2019
Been lurking on this thread for a while...

I ordered on 15th August from LO and was told yesterday that the car has been built and is expected with the dealer in the next 4 weeks.

I guess it’s waiting to set sail alongside a load more :shrug:

Glad yours has been built!
Did you order a Lux Hatch?

sdolman84

Sep 17, 2019
Yeah I have been told build week 2-5 he said it could be any of them so they are clueless
I got told the same today, still showing in systems as wk48 build but all backlogged orders will be completed wk2-5. Was offered £250 compensation after raising a complaint.

Reactions: Ali Bailey

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
My st in urban silver non lux ordered end Nov has been given a build week of 24th feb. So delivery approx mid April.