Auto-hold question

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
Hi, after digging the brakes section in obdeleven I found that AUTO-HOLD was set do not active however, it's working properly along with auto brake. This is, when I stop on traffic, flat, uphill or downhill it will hold for as long as I want and when I turn off the car, it will switch to electronic brake.

So, my question is: why is it set do not active here?

Ty.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
It will be turned on somewhere else in the coding. there is multiple settings for some things.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi, after digging the brakes section in obdeleven I found that AUTO-HOLD was set do not active however, it's working properly along with auto brake. This is, when I stop on traffic, flat, uphill or downhill it will hold for as long as I want and when I turn off the car, it will switch to electronic brake.

So, my question is: why is it set do not active here?

Ty.
If your car is the face lift car, I suspect its to do with the fact it has the electronic handbrake. So the module that controls that will be doing all the processing work. Where as on the pre face lift with the manual handbrake, it would likely have a different module looking after the hill hold. It maybe it is that you can see.

Or could it be the complete opposite, you have the pre face lift and the module you are looking at would link in with an electronic handbrake if fitted.

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
@Damo H yes, I have the facelift (2018) model. I was looking for some way to disable the AH (aka auto brake here) when standstill/downhill and use it only in uphill (if possible) because when I'm on downhills I actually want to release brake pedal and let it go down without having to throttle (which I have currently).

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
@Damo H yes, I have the facelift (2018) model. I was looking for some way to disable the AH (aka auto brake here) when standstill/downhill and use it only in uphill (if possible) because when I'm on downhills I actually want to release brake pedal and let it go down without having to throttle (which I have currently).
Just switch it off with the button.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise