MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
What’s with the grey polystyrene insulation at the rear of the wing which is visible when the driver’s door is open near the hinge.

I can’t ‘un-see’ this cheap recycling box-ticking eco-solution now!

Sorry, you’ll see it now I’ve said.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Just read in the facebook group orders close this Friday

I'm confused...
Yesterday looked at the 'new' Cupra website and could configure (and possibly order) a Leon.....
I thought that the Cupra brand would only be active for the Mk 4 Leon but no mention of it being a hybrid. In fact it looked just like the one I'm waiting for......
Would they have put that up if the order book was closing in two days?

On another point do Seat inform the dealer when vehicle is built (and presumably has a VIN number) or is it up to the dealer to keep chasing?
When I bought my new Ford I was able to track its every move as soon as I had the VIN.......

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
I'm confused...
Yesterday looked at the 'new' Cupra website and could configure (and possibly order) a Leon.....
I thought that the Cupra brand would only be active for the Mk 4 Leon but no mention of it being a hybrid. In fact it looked just like the one I'm waiting for......
Would they have put that up if the order book was closing in two days?

On another point do Seat inform the dealer when vehicle is built (and presumably has a VIN number) or is it up to the dealer to keep chasing?
When I bought my new Ford I was able to track its every move as soon as I had the VIN.......

The current Leon Cupra has been on the Cupra site rather than the Seat one for months now, since the website and brand launched I believe.

LordGodRich

Oct 22, 2019
so, in requesting my SLI number from LO, i have had an update, that my cupra lux is now expected at the dealer on the 28th Feb.......

I have my SLI however - what is the best way to more information direct from Seat?
presumably with this i can call Seat UK CS and they can check it?
shame there isnt a nice tracking website like with alot of other manufacturers (ford and even VW through the app for example)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tivver500

Jas Singh

Nov 12, 2019

Dealers have a system which they use to check the progress/status of orders which I think is connected to Seats systems.
However it seems that Seat are not updating their systems. Spoke to my dealer on Monday and checking my order it still says BW48 but no information in regards to whether it is built or not. Seems like the dealers are also being kept in the dark because they are also chasing Seat for updates so that they can update customers. Hell, I knew more about the supplier issues and progress of my car then he did. :doh:

Unfortunately there is no tracking system for customers to track the progress of their Seat. Which I don't quite understand because Audi and VW both have tracking systems.

Reactions: Tivver500

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I’m hoping that they decided rather than fulfill the orders they just offer a bunch of us the new Cupra for a massive discount and get rid of the back log then leave us waiting 6 more months and hope we cancel thus not having to fulfill either order lol !!

I just come here for the bants now,I have lost the will !!

Reactions: BonesLeon170

seatram

Sep 8, 2017
Ilkeston
so, in requesting my SLI number from LO, i have had an update, that my cupra lux is now expected at the dealer on the 28th Feb.......

I have my SLI however - what is the best way to more information direct from Seat?
presumably with this i can call Seat UK CS and they can check it?
shame there isnt a nice tracking website like with alot of other manufacturers (ford and even VW through the app for example)

Speak to Seat UK on twitter, DM them and they will be able to help, tell them what build week you were originally told and at what dealer LO have ordered with. They will then ask for your name and address and look up what BW your car is on now, you should get the car 4 weeks after that!

I spoke to them earlier today after being on BW48, been told it's on BW5 and to contact them closer to the time to get an update.