Aidan's Mk2 Leon Cupra

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
I've got a Vauxhall Mokka hire car for work at the mo. I jumped in mine to move it forward a couple of feet last night and having driven a "normal" clutch for a week, I nearly put it through the wall. I think you just get used to it over time. Maybe it's got a little bit lighter. Mines good for 430lbs and Niki reckoned it could have held more easily.

Yeah I did the same thing when I first drive it yesterday lol, definitely feels good so far though I got the braided line also which is supposed to help to. Yeah I wouldn't want to drive a "normal" car now otherwise it'll take a few days to get used to the clutch in mine again :lol:

Reactions: Legojon

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yeah I did the same thing when I first drive it yesterday lol, definitely feels good so far though I got the braided line also which is supposed to help to. Yeah I wouldn't want to drive a "normal" car now otherwise it'll take a few days to get used to the clutch in mine again :lol:
I've got the stock clutch so not so much of an issue but brakes... When I get in the wife's 1.0 fiesta its like I'd never stop I was time... The only thing when she drives me home from the pub it's through the windscreen on braking haha

Reactions: Aidanr97

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
I've got the stock clutch so not so much of an issue but brakes... When I get in the wife's 1.0 fiesta its like I'd never stop I was time... The only thing when she drives me home from the pub it's through the windscreen on braking haha

Yeah haha the brakes are so sharp on these cupras, a lad I work with had one and he said he never managed to get used to the breaks haha

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire

What clutch did you go for @Aidanr97 ? im thinking of getting the helix kit with dual mass next month from aks

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Nice , i cant wait to put one in now its killing me not being able to go full bore past 3rd gear haha .
Car is looking great btw really liking the progress

Reactions: Aidanr97

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Nice , i cant wait to put one in now its killing me not being able to go full bore past 3rd gear haha .
Car is looking great btw really liking the progress

Cheers buddy really appreciate it! I'm getting there slowly haha. Yeah the same was happening with me it was so frustrating

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Well not having a good time with the clutch so far, it was fine when first installed but the last few days it will not at all go into reverse and hard to get into first. First to second can be difficult and over all feels very notchy. It's as though the clutch isn't fully disengaging as when it won't go into gear with the clutch fully pressed the car will move slightly. Rebled the system again yesterday and no difference :( hopefully I can get it sorted soon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Did you fit a new release bearing? And lube it up?

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Did you fit a new release bearing? And lube it up?

New slave cylinder which acts as the release bearing I believe and the uprated clutch line from aks too was installed. Been on the phone to aks yesterday and they are going to give me a ring today at some point. Bloody nightmare though lol

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
New slave cylinder which acts as the release bearing I believe and the uprated clutch line from aks too was installed. Been on the phone to aks yesterday and they are going to give me a ring today at some point. Bloody nightmare though lol

Oh that sucks mate , i was about to order mine today haha
hope it gets sorted asap !

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I would do but I do remaps myself so it would make for an interesting conversation with a customer if they ask what map I'm running :lol: as soon as the clutch is sorted it's going on our Dyno :)

Did AKS get back to you?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.