Cupra 300 st with mk7.5 golf estate exhaust

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
Was there ever a verdict on how the Golf boxes made the Cupra sound ? I am still interested in doing this for my 2019 estate...

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Was there ever a verdict on how the Golf boxes made the Cupra sound ? I am still interested in doing this for my 2019 estate...

So I’ve had my exhaust for over 6 months now and I absolutely love it. Sounds perfect, although the over run is still quite quiet. I could res delete it but not sure I can be bothered if it starts droning.

I’ve been meaning to record a drive by so you can hear but haven’t had a chance I’ll see if I can get one for you tomorrow.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
So I’ve had my exhaust for over 6 months now and I absolutely love it. Sounds perfect, although the over run is still quite quiet. I could res delete it but not sure I can be bothered if it starts droning.

I’ve been meaning to record a drive by so you can hear but haven’t had a chance I’ll see if I can get one for you tomorrow.....

Sounds great just concerned with mine being gpf

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
So yes this was the 4 drive version however I should think from the t piece backwards it should be the same. Now I asked Ross @ RPS what the part numbers are for just the twin exit back boxes, which are

5G9253609BB - £212.06 inc VAT
5G9253609BC - £212.06

I think the price is bloody good, close to the miltek cat back price. However I like keeping things OEM.

Sooooo.... Bringing this back up, now that I am in the process of doing the engine mounts, I can think of my next mod and I found these two back boxes at a VERY interesting price shipped to me, so my question here is:

- Is it only these backboxes that need to be ordered and the center section is the same for both full systems?

As in: is it the same resonator there in the middle?

Cause if so, I am struggling here not to pull the trigger on this purchase next ;)

Christian

May 16, 2018
Denmark
Hope someone can help me out...
I am looking to buy these:
https://www.oemvwshop.com/5g9253609bb-rear-silencer-p1529948/
https://www.oemvwshop.com/5g9253609bc-rear-silencer-p1529949/

But I am a bit confused on what I actually will get. If I look these part numbers up, I get this:
http://www.catcar.info/audivw/?lang...sZHRhZmVsPT0yNTM2NXx8R3JhZmlrPT0wMjUzOTI3NjM=
Which only has one output from each silencer and not two as I have seen on pictures in previous posts here.

Anybody that can confirm what the rear silencer actually looks like; does it have one or two outputs?

Thx

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Hope someone can help me out...
I am looking to buy these:
https://www.oemvwshop.com/5g9253609bb-rear-silencer-p1529948/
https://www.oemvwshop.com/5g9253609bc-rear-silencer-p1529949/

But I am a bit confused on what I actually will get. If I look these part numbers up, I get this:
http://www.catcar.info/audivw/?lang...sZHRhZmVsPT0yNTM2NXx8R3JhZmlrPT0wMjUzOTI3NjM=
Which only has one output from each silencer and not two as I have seen on pictures in previous posts here.

Anybody that can confirm what the rear silencer actually looks like; does it have one or two outputs?

Thx

The cat car images are quite outdated in places. Best thing to do is go to TPS or a SEAT dealer and get them to confirm they are correct.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Plug and play my ass! :)

0Fw3l4w.jpg

After I chill out I come to tell the story, but a preview: If you have a Rieger diffuser, there is NO WAY you can cut it for the Golf exhaust to fit.

Also - it does sound great and much better than the stock exhaust.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire

0Fw3l4w.jpg

After I chill out I come to tell the story, but a preview: If you have a Rieger diffuser, there is NO WAY you can cut it for the Golf exhaust to fit.

Well done!

How comes it’s not plug and play? I thought it was very easy other than cutting the diffuser....

Glad you like it though, did you manage to get the true twin outlet? Like mine?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Well done!

How comes it’s not plug and play? I thought it was very easy other than cutting the diffuser....

Glad you like it though, did you manage to get the true twin outlet? Like mine?

Yes! It is a facelift one. What I did not expect was that the donor car was probably crashed near the mount point and I had the great surprise it was very twisted as opposed to original shape - took a press, a freaking torch and many hours of work to get it bent back into shape.

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017

0Fw3l4w.jpg

That's not good, might have to rethink ....

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
That's not good, might have to rethink ....

In my case, there are two things noteworthy:
- the used Golf exhaust was bent due to the crash from the donor car and took a lot of effort to make fit
- I have (had?) the Rieger diffuser and the fins on that are right in the place that must be cut, so it is not possible to cut it without making it look horrid.
I took it off and tomorrow going to cut and refit the original diffuser.

On the up side:
- Looks awesome
- Sounds awesome
At last the car sounds like I expected it to when I bought it. Sounds way more sporty and refined.

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
In my case, there are two things noteworthy:
- the used Golf exhaust was bent due to the crash from the donor car and took a lot of effort to make fit
- I have (had?) the Rieger diffuser and the fins on that are right in the place that must be cut, so it is not possible to cut it without making it look horrid.
I took it off and tomorrow going to cut and refit the original diffuser.

On the up side:
- Looks awesome
- Sounds awesome
At last the car sounds like I expected it to when I bought it. Sounds way more sporty and refined.

Yeah that's my problem I have got a Rieger diffuser to go on too.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Yeah that's my problem I have got a Rieger diffuser to go on too.

Then forget about the Golf exhaust - just get some custom made on or from an established brand that will be guaranteed to fit.
The thing here is that I managed to get hold of this Golf exhaust for a fraction of the price that a custom one would cost.
...also got my answer why it was so cheap when fitting it ;)

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire

0Fw3l4w.jpg

On a different note,

How fricking good does that look being dirty as well

Reactions: jt20vt
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.