What are you using...

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
All in the interests of research...

6b472d154921a8553f45b19c4cbcc381.jpg

I’ll probably start trailing some of this today.. I’ll post reviews as I work through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like the Detailed online bottles and triggers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Most of them also don't make the products

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
i've been using the Dunking Biscuit kit for a little while now, made use of the snowfoam, shampoo, polish and sealant.

Im finding shampoo generally seems pretty generic, it as good as the Obsession Wax and Meguairs NXT nice scent and good lather 8/10

The snow foam is good, clings well but also dissolves and drips off the car which drags the dirt off. It also doesnt seem to take too much of the protection off, my previous marker Obsession Wax Snow Foam was quite strong and seemed to take the protection off more quickly. DB 8/10

The polish is a reasonable product, it does a job and lifted the paint on a car i detailed for a fried. I've used better. 5/10.

The sealant is good, easy to apply (spray on rinse off) and the results are good, tops up the existing protection and gives a nice deep finish, also gives really good beading and water repellent properties. Probably the best topup sealant ive used 9/10.

More still to test but so far its been pretty good.

Reactions: Legojon

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Winter is coming, so time to bring out the winter products.

For me that includes Bilt Hamber Atom-mac and Optimum No Rinse. Atom-mac is a corrosion inhibitor you dilute with water. Spray it (5% mix) over the brakes, suspension, exhaust, engine, anything metal that would benefit from protection, but not really the external bodywork, its not a wax. It should help protect from salt corrosion. You can clean alloys with it, but its not a cleaner so is only good for light dirt and dust.

ONR is a rinseless wash, but I dont use it like that. I add it to my normal shampoo to make it slicker, dilute it and use it as a waterless wash for quick clean ups and as a QD and you even clean the interior with it. Almost anything thats a cleaner can be replaced by ONR, people even add it to screen wash. I use it was a winter product because it adds slickness to everything, reducing scratching from winter salt and grit.

Reactions: Sharpy

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Bit of a break in the weather today so I decided to give the motor a quick once over and I found a bottle of this car plan stuff in the shed,easy to apply and wipe off with a good micro fibre cloth and not a bad shine too.Says on the bottle it protects up to 12 months,probably 12 mins.
1e42962154b8c477e626481f2bbba1ea.plist
ca9776ecd24eb9076f873e94560fd843.plist
e00997ff02b535f7be9627480bb01ebc.plist
f2a6ba3f370257d867f858d93fa6667b.plist
b181b70e38e925b33a459808e84541cb.plist
d371c327de626fc7c1f3448a1117f67d.plist
3c7a6fce5ca18b0c4e62f942d919b6ee.plist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Protects up to 12 months if you keep the car in a vacuum... Cars looking sweet mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deano j1971

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Can anyone recommend some kind of finisher?

Recently restored some panels on the car using G3 compounding polish which worked an absolute treat.

Only thing is i used standard turtle wax polish after, and it left every little paint ship showing up white and very visible, especially days after.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Can anyone recommend some kind of finisher?

Recently restored some panels on the car using G3 compounding polish which worked an absolute treat.

Only thing is i used standard turtle wax polish after, and it left every little paint ship showing up white and very visible, especially days after.
If it's paint that's not been treated in a long time. My process is as follows:

TCUT
Meguires Ultimate Compound
Auto Glym Super Resin
Simoniz Wax

I find I get pretty good results, usually like glass after the above.

Nice name btw, my name's Connor and my surnames initial is H maybe we're the same person.

Reactions: Connor H

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Not a car product as such but a worthwhile investment.
Sure a lot of you reading this thread will be using them already but first time Ive used them.
Sealskins gloves. They are the best thing ever!
Someone recommended them to me for washing the car in all temperatures without loosing the feeling in your hands.
Amazing. Washed 2 cars on Sunday morning in like 2 degree temperature, hands stayed warm and unbelievably dry!

Reactions: bruceR

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
If it's paint that's not been treated in a long time. My process is as follows:

TCUT
Meguires Ultimate Compound
Auto Glym Super Resin
Simoniz Wax

I find I get pretty good results, usually like glass after the above.

Nice name btw, my name's Connor and my surnames initial is H maybe we're the same person.

lol! We can be brothers if you like :cheers:

Interesting you use the super resin before wax and after compounding polish, thats an extra step i didnt do myself. Plus my wax dried in all the little chips and scratches and made them show up terribly. Would you recommend something like the super resin to stop that happening? Or is that a Tcut scratch remover job first? Generally my paintwork is fine minus said chips and usual scratches.

I've never had a car im proud of until now so im cutting my teeth with detailing right here right now lol

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Super resin polish isnt really a polish, its a glaze with fillers. Its very very slightly abrasive, but hardly worth mentioning. Personally I don't like it much, I prefer CarPro Essence plus. It also has fillers, but they are ceramic fillers that cure hard, unlike SRPs oily ones. Anything you put on top wont fall off essence plus.

If you have a dark car Prima Amigo is the best filling glaze, but its hard to come by these days.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
lol! We can be brothers if you like :cheers:

Interesting you use the super resin before wax and after compounding polish, thats an extra step i didnt do myself. Plus my wax dried in all the little chips and scratches and made them show up terribly. Would you recommend something like the super resin to stop that happening? Or is that a Tcut scratch remover job first? Generally my paintwork is fine minus said chips and usual scratches.

I've never had a car im proud of until now so im cutting my teeth with detailing right here right now lol
Brothers with he same name, how twee lol.

I try to only use the tcut on occasion and for those deeper scratches. I find the ultimate compund abrasive enough to get most light scratches out and restore colour.

The super resin is a light polish with some fillers. It gives the paint work a very nice finish then the wax I use to seal it in. The super resin fills any of those scratches that you can't see and gives the paint a smooth finish.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Got a new Leon arriving in the next few weeks and looking to get the right kit in place to give it a single stage polish before sealants, anyone got any recommendations as to what DA pads and compounds are effective on VW group paints - currently have a BMW which are known for incredibly hard clear coats so my current polish collection is quite abrasive.

Reactions: vectra

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Got a new Leon arriving in the next few weeks and looking to get the right kit in place to give it a single stage polish before sealants, anyone got any recommendations as to what DA pads and compounds are effective on VW group paints - currently have a BMW which are known for incredibly hard clear coats so my current polish collection is quite abrasive.

Green Hexligic pads and Scholl s20 polish.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Green Hexligic pads and Scholl s20 polish.

Would a medium-heavy cut polish not be a bit overkill on paint that should have minimal swirls or marring? Seems more like something for use on a car that has a few K under its belt

Reactions: vectra
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members