HELP !? WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN, THE CUPRA ST LUX & CUPRA ST-R

• Total voters

Steve T71

Jan 14, 2020
Dear All,

Please can someone tell me the difference's between the ;-

1) CUPRA ST LUX &

2) CUPRA ST-R

I have the chance of getting either ordered by the end of the week, I can't really see many main differences or even what they and Iam struggling !?

Any informative help and Assistance would be very welcome :)

Thank You...

Last edited:

JackB

Jan 18, 2020
I thought the Cupra R's were limited edition? Can they still be ordered?

Best thing to do is probably read a couple of reviews of the "R" to understand the difference - broadly they will both have the same "features" but the "R" has a few performance focussed tweaks (brembo brakes, increased camber etc) and more aggressive styling (wider stance, larger grills at front, unique alloys etc).

Example: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/seat/leon-cupra/first-drives/seat-leon-cupra-r-st-2019-review

Reactions: Steve T71

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Hello there,

I've had a quick look online and this is the main differences between the two models,
from what I've quickly read.

Trim: Cupra Lux
Cupra Lux adds leather heated bucket seats, adaptive cruise control and an enhanced safety pack with lane assist, traffic sign recognition, a tiredness monitor for the driver and seat belt reminders for rear seats,
keyless entry, wireless phone charging,
four-wheel drive.

Trim: Cupra R (only 150 are arriving in UK)
Cupra R adds sports bucket seats, Brembo brakes, carbon fibre front splitter and rear roof carbon fibre spoiler, front and rear view cameras, panoramic sunroof, tweaked steering, upgraded sports suspension, carbon fibre affect interior trim, alcantara steering wheel & gear knob & seat trim, copper coloured badges and dash trim,
optional ABT power upgrade to 350BHP for £500, 4 rear exhaust tail pipes,
four-wheel drive.

Link to Cupra R details
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-revie...eat-leon-cupra-r-abt-4drive-st-2019-uk-review

There's possibly more options available regarding extra upgrades, but you'll need to speak to your SEAT Main Dealership.

Hope this helps
Si

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
I saw an R yesterday. Wheels are bronze (look great), quad exhaust and this chap said his was 370bhp.
Its also ABT tuned with modified suspension geometry.

The R wasn't an option for me at the cost of the ST Lux (24k), but I'll get it stage 1 tuned in the summer.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Get the ABT or otherwise. Purely for the revised suspension, more aggressive bodywork and its limited to 150 in the UK (Like the Carbon Edition it's a 'normal' model/trim in Europe).

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I didn't know the R had front and rear cameras. Everyday is a school day.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The Rs have heated seats too :)
Don’t bother with the Micky mouse ABT kit tho :roflmao:
Someone recently did some 0-60 drags with their ABT R and got much better results than stock, so don;t write it off.

But yeah, going off of the Revo PPF/GPF maps its not the best (but keeps your warranty).

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Someone recently did some 0-60 drags with their ABT R and got much better results than stock, so don;t write it off.

But yeah, going off of the Revo PPF/GPF maps its not the best (but keeps your warranty).
Yeh who wants a map that only gives you the extra power sometimes, not me anyway.

Dreadfern

Apr 2, 2019
Hello there,

I've had a quick look online and this is the main differences between the two models,
from what I've quickly read.

Trim: Cupra Lux
Cupra Lux adds leather heated bucket seats, adaptive cruise control and an enhanced safety pack with lane assist, traffic sign recognition, a tiredness monitor for the driver and seat belt reminders for rear seats,
keyless entry, wireless phone charging,
four-wheel drive.

Link to Cupra R details
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-revie...eat-leon-cupra-r-abt-4drive-st-2019-uk-review

There's possibly more options available regarding extra upgrades, but you'll need to speak to your SEAT Main Dealership.

Hope this helps
Si

I don't know how true the Cupra Lux spec is?

I have a late MY19 Cupra LUX ST and it doesn't appear to have traffic sign recognition, lane assist or the tiredness monitor.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
I don't know how true the Cupra Lux spec is?

I have a late MY19 Cupra LUX ST and it doesn't appear to have traffic sign recognition, lane assist or the tiredness monitor.
Tiredness monitor was added to lux later. Possibly added the other assist packs at the same time.

Dreadfern

Apr 2, 2019
Tiredness monitor was added to lux later. Possibly added the other assist packs at the same time.

Would be interesting to find out when this was changed. I took delivery end of September 2019, but order was placed end of Feb, so maybe placed before the spec change