Rear wiper

Tigerobe

Feb 20, 2017
Hi guys

Rear wiper is juddering and makes a right racket on my leon mk3
I need to replace however not sure what make to get and size?
Any recommendations?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Mines done that since new, my last mk3 also did the same - not sure if the type of blade makes any difference to the judder.

Tigerobe

Feb 20, 2017
Mines done that since new, my last mk3 also did the same - not sure if the type of blade makes any difference to the judder.

I’ve heard that from a few people, do you know the fitment detail and size? I’m hoping if I change it that might solve the problem

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Its interesting as i went and bought the 'recommended' by the forum Valeo blades, found them to be utter crap on the front windscreen however the rear one is perfect.

So I now have Bosch on front, Valeo on the rear, no judder.

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Also try cleaning the glass with clay bar to get the glass surface nice and clean, wash the grit and dirt off first and then bar it with some soapy water.

Tigerobe

Feb 20, 2017
Thanks guys, will try that. Does anyone know the model number for the Valeo wiper?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The OEM ones are Valeo - the Valeo branding is embossed on the rubber blade.

One of the primary reasons why they judder is when left on when the rear screen is dry. Had to replace mine after 3 months from new after the my wife had the car for a week. Just come back from a business trip and I need another one :banghead:

That said, they’re extremely easy to swap over, so wouldn’t be surprised if a few had been exchanged in car parks over the years.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I use Valeo front and back and I've found them to be quiet and long lasting.

There are a couple of Valeo blades that will fit but "Silencio VR265" is one of them. That's a 13" blade, which is the stock size, but a 14" blade will fit.

Less likely on the back but if you cannot get wipers to clean properly and quietly the glass may be contaminated with something. Never seen it on the back actually but I've replaced two windscreens for this reason.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I have used Heyner (German) since I re[aced the OE wipers, and have recently just bought another set from Amazon again. They are great, long lasting and no juddering or noises. The front set 26"/16" cost £18.99 and the 14" rear was £8.99, I also clean the glass every now and then with a proper windscreen spray.

Rockbox

Apr 6, 2018
I changed mine for a Bosch a383h blade works ok at the moment.
The one I replaced guessing was originally fitted when new dragged like hell across the window.

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Euro car parts F'ed up and gave me a Bosch rear wiper for a Golf rather than a Leon. It's shorter by an inch or so but I've found it doesn't make as much noise or judder as much as the bigger one.

mitchybenny

Oct 19, 2019
Ive just put all 3 new wipers on, all Bosch, from wiperblades.co.uk, work a treat. Clean as hell, not noise.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members