Lcr downpipe advice

Gazc

Feb 2, 2020
Hi guy's, this has probably been done to death but I have just purchased my second lcr with a blowing down pipe
Just wondering if anyone out there could point me in the right direction as I'm not looking at spending big bucks on it. The full exhaust is original and really not keen on de cating it etc. Has anyone had any joy with aftermarket alternatives ‍♂️ cheers Gaz

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Hi guy's, this has probably been done to death but I have just purchased my second lcr with a blowing down pipe
Just wondering if anyone out there could point me in the right direction as I'm not looking at spending big bucks on it. The full exhaust is original and really not keen on de cating it etc. Has anyone had any joy with aftermarket alternatives ‍ cheers Gaz
Cheap but high quality catless downpipe is from RM motors. Fantastic piece. If you're looking for a catted the best bet would be a stock one from a breaker for cheap!

Sent from my RMX1993 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gazc

Gazc

Feb 2, 2020
Cheap but high quality catless downpipe is from RM motors. Fantastic piece. If you're looking for a catted the best bet would be a stock one from a breaker for cheap!

Sent from my RMX1993 using Tapatalk

Appreciate that bud! I thought that might be the case. My only worry about buying a second hand downpipe would be fitting it and then finding its still blowing from the flexi. I suppose I'm asking the impossible really...

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I'll be removing one tomorrow as it happens...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
No it wasn't blowing as far as I'm aware and yes it'll be for sale if its usable.
I'll let you know as soon as I've checked it over properly.

Gazc

Feb 2, 2020
No it wasn't blowing as far as I'm aware and yes it'll be for sale if its usable.
I'll let you know as soon as I've checked it over properly.

Hi Thai, don't suppose you had time to check out that downpipe?

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Yep it's off the car now but still need to separate it from the cats as the 2 inside nuts are always a bitch to get off but I'll get the gas axe out tomorrow which should do the trick.
I'll get some pics and send them over then.

Gazc

Feb 2, 2020
Yep it's off the car now but still need to separate it from the cats as the 2 inside nuts are always a bitch to get off but I'll get the gas axe out tomorrow which should do the trick.
I'll get some pics and send them over then.

Cheers much appreciated

Chaki

Nov 10, 2019
Im planning to decat mine (stock) and keep the back InoXcar (made in italy) muffler.
Im wondering if it would be too loud and crackle a lot...?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Im planning to decat mine (stock) and keep the back InoXcar (made in italy) muffler.
Im wondering if it would be too loud and crackle a lot...?

It won’t crackle unless mapped to do so.
If it’s a 3” downpipe and decat it should do a ‘Pop or Bang’ when changing up a gear at maximum revs.
Hope that helps.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: Chaki