Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Has anyone noticed any improvement following first service/oil change just out of curiosity or by running premium fuel.

I’m just finishing my first tank of premium and when I fill her up again I’m going to try an ecu reset and let it learn my driving style again (assuming this is like my previous car and will do such a thing).

Might have been done before but I’ll keep you posted with any changes over the next week or two.

Geoff

Reactions: ReddStripe

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
View attachment 12951

Both 9602 and 9692 have not solved the juddering. It's a farce as so many people have waited a long time for them to be released.

MrsMaypacks 1.5 TSI EVO 150hp FR Black Edition has an Engine Code of DPCA and is showing Software Version 9596 against the Engine Control Module when scanned with OBDeleven.

This differs from the info shown above.

Does anyone know the difference in the Engine Codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
MrsMaypacks 1.5 TSI EVO 150hp FR Black Edition has an Engine Code of DPCA and is showing Software Version 9596 against the Engine Control Module when scanned with OBDeleven.

This differs from the info shown above.

Does anyone know the difference in the Engine Codes?

I'm certain that the newer 1.5 150bhp DPCA is not an affected engine. It seems to be the DACA and DADA versions.

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
If the newer engine is not affected, what is the difference between it and the older engines that stops the issue occurring?

That's a good question. I've been searching Google but not found a definite answer. I only found out there was a new version of the engine last week.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Has anyone noticed any improvement following first service/oil change just out of curiosity or by running premium fuel.

I’m just finishing my first tank of premium and when I fill her up again I’m going to try an ecu reset and let it learn my driving style again (assuming this is like my previous car and will do such a thing).

Might have been done before but I’ll keep you posted with any changes over the next week or two.

Geoff
I have run my car since 0 miles on premium unleaded (now on 12.5k) and have the issue. Never put any 95 ron in it

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
If the newer engine is not affected, what is the difference between it and the older engines that stops the issue occurring?

Seems very strange to replace an engine within a year of release don’t you think? Must be a major revision / flaw i would of thought

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Seems very strange to replace an engine within a year of release don’t you think? Must be a major revision / flaw i would of thought

That’s what I was thinking.

A new Engine Code suggests to me that there has been an upgrade in some way. Maybe one of the dealers who access this forum may be able to supply some info on the differences.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
That’s what I was thinking.

A new Engine Code suggests to me that there has been an upgrade in some way. Maybe one of the dealers who access this forum may be able to supply some info on the differences.

The 1.5 DADA and DACA only came out on 68 plates so it would only of been a year old before replacing. Seems very odd

BigFatFish

Jan 26, 2020
My 130 I picked up at weekend is a DPBA (not lifted the bonnet since i got it to check that corresponds to what's stamped on the engine) on the V5. Haven't felt anything since i collected it, theres a piece of paper in the glovebox in Spanish dated 9.1.20, maybe a build date or QC date? But I know my car landed in grimsby somewhere around the 24th Jan. So not sure when they started shipping this motor....

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
My 130 I picked up at weekend is a DPBA (not lifted the bonnet since i got it to check that corresponds to what's stamped on the engine) on the V5. Haven't felt anything since i collected it, theres a piece of paper in the glovebox in Spanish dated 9.1.20, maybe a build date or QC date? But I know my car landed in grimsby somewhere around the 24th Jan. So not sure when they started shipping this motor....
Hmm so both 130 and 150 varients swapped out for newer engines within the year, this paints a clear picture i would say

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
Shame they will never be honest with the customers and deny all knowledge

Absolutely. There is very little chance that an admission would be made that would risk a complete recall of so many vehicles and a reputation disaster. So what they have done is start discreetly rolling out a modified engine. I wouldn't know where to start to try and work out what has changed exactly. I will chuck another tenner at SEAT tomorrow morning and access Erwin to see if there are any updated docs for the 1.5 TSI engine. I can't see it being anything obvious though and certainly no documents will be released on the public facing side of Erwin that could cause VWAG some headaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigJase88

BigFatFish

Jan 26, 2020
A quick Google shows a forum post (I've not verified the information) where the changeover for vw was probably over summer shutdown as the engine appears to have entered use in July 19....so when did Seat start shipping cars with it?

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
A quick Google shows a forum post (I've not verified the information) where the changeover for vw was probably over summer shutdown as the engine appears to have entered use in July 19....so when did Seat start shipping cars with it?

MrsMaypacks 1.5 TSI 150 has a build date of late October 2019.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
It’s interesting that VAG removed the 1.5 EVO engine from the model line up in the Seat Ibiza and VW Polo but it continues to be used in other vehicles across the VAG brands. In fact it never made it into the Polo - it was included in early marketing and product literature, and it was possible to configure a Polo R-Line model with a 1.5 EVO and DSG only transmission when the current Polo was launched, but all traces of a 1.5 engined Polo model mysteriously disappeared very soon after without explanation. The 1.5 EVO engine with a manual gearbox did make it into early versions of the current Ibiza though, but was subsequently dropped.

I can only assume that VAG were aware of the issues with this engine way back in 2017 - hence why it was removed from their small car segment vehicles. Impact on sales would be low, as Ibiza’s and Polo’s with the 1.0 litre three cylinder engine in various states of tune would account for the majority of small car sales. It probably wasn’t feasible to delete this engine option from the Leon, Golf and larger models though as that would leave a large hole, giving customers a restricted choice - either small or larger capacity engines, with nothing in between. That would’ve had a potentially very large impact on sales volumes, and sales volumes would’ve been VAG’s priority, rather than customer satisfaction.......

Reactions: ReddStripe

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
It’s interesting that VAG removed the 1.5 EVO engine from the model line up in the Seat Ibiza and VW Polo but it continues to be used in other vehicles across the VAG brands. In fact it never made it into the Polo - it was included in early marketing and product literature, and it was possible to configure a Polo R-Line model with a 1.5 EVO and DSG only transmission when the current Polo was launched, but all traces of a 1.5 engined Polo model mysteriously disappeared very soon after without explanation. The 1.5 EVO engine with a manual gearbox did make it into early versions of the current Ibiza though, but was subsequently dropped.

I can only assume that VAG were aware of the issues with this engine way back in 2017 - hence why it was removed from their small car segment vehicles. Impact on sales would be low, as Ibiza’s and Polo’s with the 1.0 litre three cylinder engine in various states of tune would account for the majority of small car sales. It probably wasn’t feasible to delete this engine option from the Leon, Golf and larger models though as that would leave a large hole, giving customers a restricted choice - either small or larger capacity engines, with nothing in between. That would’ve had a potentially very large impact on sales volumes, and sales volumes would’ve been VAG’s priority, rather than customer satisfaction.......

it also disappeared as a choice for a new leon too for a month or so, possibly when they were changing out the older engines. I tried to spec a new fr and the 1.5tsi was missing from the lineup for a while

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
So, what someone needs to do is to first establish ALL the differences in part numbers between the early versions and the latest one - that would take a few minutes/hours, and try to work from that what the issues/implications were/are?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise