2020 tyre options for modded LCR

Damien Wood

Aug 28, 2018
Looking at a grippy fast road tyre. I like the idea of ns2r or 595 rsrs. Anyone used these on a lcr, what would you recommended?

My lcr is running a hybrid and has quite a bit of torque.

Cheers

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Looking at a grippy fast road tyre. I like the idea of ns2r or 595 rsrs. Anyone used these on a lcr, what would you recommended?

My lcr is running a hybrid and has quite a bit of torque.

Cheers

I’ve used the 595 RSRR (much better than the 595 RSR) tires for grippy road and autocross. Fantastic tire for the price. A bit noises though and obviously wouldn’t recommend for winter they have a stiffer sidewall than the older rsr and more even treadwear.

Can’t comment on the Nankang NS2R but I had the NS20 and it was also a good tire.

If I chose again I’d probably go with the 595rsrr. Because they have been proven on the autocross and tracks in the USA as a great budget tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damien Wood

Damien Wood

Aug 28, 2018
I’ve used the 595 RSRR (much better than the 595 RSR) tires for grippy road and autocross. Fantastic tire for the price. A bit noises though and obviously wouldn’t recommend for winter they have a stiffer sidewall than the older rsr and more even treadwear.

Can’t comment on the Nankang NS2R but I had the NS20 and it was also a good tire.

If I chose again I’d probably go with the 595rsrr. Because they have been proven on the autocross and tracks in the USA as a great budget tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brilliant mate that's the sort of info I needed, someone who has actually used them. I'll check those rr out. The nankang have good reviews and are great value also. Cheers

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
What do you this of ps4's
Ps4s are one of the best tires you can buy... I had them on my 400hp e85 Subaru at one point. I could never get it to break traction. If you're looking for a best bang for your quid tire.... This isn't the one you want.

What are you looking for? Daily summer tires? Something for trackdays days?

Sent from my RMX1993 using Tapatalk

Damien Wood

Aug 28, 2018
This is why I looked at the ps4 not the ps4s. They seem to offer everything this is what confused me because usually a jack of all trades fails on other areas. It's such a head ache because tyres are expensive. I do drive very hard at times so wheel spin reduction would be great.

Damien Wood

Aug 28, 2018
Ps4s are one of the best tires you can buy... I had them on my 400hp e85 Subaru at one point. I could never get it to break traction. If you're looking for a best bang for your quid tire.... This isn't the one you want.

What are you looking for? Daily summer tires? Something for trackdays days?

I suppose a summer tyre with grip not far off a semi slick

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I suppose a summer tyre with grip not far off a semi slick
If you have the money go with the Michelin

But know you can buy 3 sets of other tires for the same price.

I would advise to the RSRR but again its really important to get the RR because the normal 595rs and 595rs-r is inferior.

You'll get tons of grip as its a 200 treadwear rating which is the max grip allowed before going semi slicks in USA SCCA racing

Reactions: Damien Wood

Damien Wood

Aug 28, 2018
If you have the money go with the Michelin

But know you can buy 3 sets of other tires for the same price.

I would advise to the RSRR but again its really important to get the RR because the normal 595rs and 595rs-r is inferior.

You'll get tons of grip as its a 200 treadwear rating which is the max grip allowed before going semi slicks in USA SCCA racing

I'll look I to those pal. Thank you

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise