www.seatcupra.net
Syphon submitted a new article

The first image of the all-new CUPRA Leon
2020-CUPRA-Leon-1-1024x532.jpg

Continue reading the full article

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Autocar did this render based on that sneak preview. I think it looks brilliant and aggressive.
cupra_leon_2020_render_final_copy.jpg

Reactions: CUPRATOM

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: gof

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
it’s a feeakin Focus and it’s horrible.
Check out world Leon club.
About a thousand people think it’s a focus. Most hate it.
I won’t be buying one. EVER.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I firmly believe it will be near 40k for a petrol varient and 45k for the hybrid. Im expecting daft prices

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I firmly believe it will be near 40k for a petrol varient and 45k for the hybrid. Im expecting daft prices
That's double the current cost of a Cupra! I like my car but I would never pay £40k for one. If they are £40k at least mine will hold its value a bit better. I think it will be around £30-35k to compete with the Focus ST everyone thinks it looks like.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
That's double the current cost of a Cupra! I like my car but I would never pay £40k for one. If they are £40k at least mine will hold its value a bit better. I think it will be around £30-35k to compete with the Focus ST everyone thinks it looks like.
Im talking list price the “list price” of my bottom of the range mk3 fr with a manual box is 22k

guess we will see though with it being its own posh brand now and all that

just checked current mk3 cupra is 31k and cupra st is 34.5k so the new model will certainly be more expensive than that.

Last edited:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Im talking list price the “list price” of my bottom of the range mk3 fr with a manual box is 22k

guess we will see though with it being its own posh brand now and all that

just checked current mk3 cupra is 31k and cupra st is 34.5k so the new model will certainly be more expensive than that.
That's list price as you said but the current price of a Cupra for over a year has been £21-22k due to the arrival of the new one. I paid £22k back in March last year for a brand new factory order Cupra Lux. No-one pays £31k for a current gen Cupra. I can't see them selling any if they price them above the current models list price. And it makes no sense to price it higher than the Cupra Ateca. They'd also be competing with Mercedes and BMW at £40k.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
That's list price as you said but the current price of a Cupra for over a year has been £21-22k due to the arrival of the new one. I paid £22k back in March last year for a brand new factory order Cupra Lux. No-one pays £31k for a current gen Cupra. I can't see them selling any if they price them above the current models list price. And it makes no sense to price it higher than the Cupra Ateca. They'd also be competing with Mercedes and BMW at £40k.
Guess we will see won’t we

list price will be 40k i bet you, you have to remember it isn’t a seat anymore its the new higher class cupra (naff idea personally)

Reactions: LeonFRTDi

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Guess we will see won’t we

list price will be 40k i bet you, you have to remember it isn’t a seat anymore its the new higher class cupra (naff idea personally)
I'll be personally happy if it is £40k list price as my current Cupra should hold its value a bit better.
Citroen did the premium brand thing with DS. Not sure if that's working for them or not.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I'll be personally happy if it is £40k list price as my current Cupra should hold its value a bit better.
Citroen did the premium brand thing with DS. Not sure if that's working for them or not.
I think its naff, i will still call it a seat leon cupra, the bronze is tasteless and the cupra badge looks like something out of transformers

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I think its naff, i will still call it a seat leon cupra, the bronze is tasteless and the cupra badge looks like something out of transformers
Haha, you don't need to convince me anymore it's not to your taste, I get it. I personally like the bronze / copper accents but I'm not a huge fan of the badge design. I didn't think I'd like the copper on my car at first and had plans of making the badges black but when I saw it in the flesh I really liked the contrast with the metallic grey.
I'm waiting for the full reveal and seeing one in the flesh before making my mind up.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members