what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Luckily i heard a slight tapping and i felt it through the Floor board and thought that's not good, pulled into the next neighborhood and at 5 miles an hour it came completely off and was clacking like a mofo and I knew what the Problem was before even looking definitely could've been worse

Sent from my RMX1993 using Tapatalk
This makes me incredibly paranoid about every noise my car makes haha

Reactions: iammooks

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Ran the car for a while today to see where the leak was coming from. The smoke cleared as I expected, but when I took it on the road, when I put my foot down, there was no real acceleratio. Luckily though it doesn't seem to be coming from the intercooler pipe and more from around the EGR valve - it actually seemed to spit a bit of water out of the top, which could be left over from when I cleaned it.

Next week I'll have a feel around and tighten all the bolts and make sure the gaskets are where they should be and hope that fixes it. If not, I might just admit defeat and take it to the garage. I've had a job come through today which means i can afford to get the clutch done, so I might combine the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it a Diesel? I forget...

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
This makes me incredibly paranoid about every noise my car makes haha
It's funny, normally i hear a noise and I'm like ah **** it... Old cars make noises. But i think just the ear of experience said no no thats not normal, i also felt vibration it through the firewall on my foot. So that probably contributed to it.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Is it a Diesel? I forget...

It is, yes. If anyone wants to swap, or just wants to see if we can get a petrol engine to work in a diesel bay, let me know.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
It's funny, normally i hear a noise and I'm like ah **** it... Old cars make noises. But i think just the ear of experience said no no thats not normal, i also felt vibration it through the firewall on my foot. So that probably contributed to it.

I just parked with my door open and my head down by the ground because i heard a metal rattling....it was a redbull can behind the car

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
It is, yes. If anyone wants to swap, or just wants to see if we can get a petrol engine to work in a diesel bay, let me know.

Don't feel bad man, these 1.8T engines also have their Gremlins... Constant battle.

I've thought a few times to move to a non turbo car like an inline 6 or V8. Like i had in the USA. Even when i had a Subaru 2.5 turbo it was a constant battle. But I've already invested so much of my time and knowledge into these cars... I'm married to the game. Plus if i got an inline 6 or V8 id probably turbo or supercharge it... So then back to the battle

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Don't feel bad man, these 1.8T engines also have their Gremlins... Constant battle.

I've thought a few times to move to a non turbo car like an inline 6 or V8. Like i had in the USA. Even when i had a Subaru 2.5 turbo it was a constant battle. But I've already invested so much of my time and knowledge into these cars... I'm married to the game. Plus if i got an inline 6 or V8 id probably turbo or supercharge it... So then back to the battle

Fingers crossed that all I have to do is re-tighten the bolts and make sure the gaskets are sitting flush and all will be OK, but hopefully there's nothing expensive wrong. There did seem to be water coming out of either the EGR or anti-shudder valve, so I'm hoping my cleaning it hasn't ruined any seals or something.

I always had this fantasy that anything I did to my car would make it better somehow, but I'm spending half my time these days cleaning out windscreen washer tanks and fixing boot handles. The trouble is when I bought it, I was doing serious miles, and now I'm driving 2,000 miles a year, so it just isn't getting run properly and the engine is getting gunk in it.

Once this is fixed though I'll probably love it again, so give it a few days and it'll be back to the best car I've owned.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Bought a new Seat arm rest to replace the vw one I’ve had for a few years
57a30cf9cdd341422a2ba3a6ada2595f.jpg
0217f215bacab20545ea04fe4a81cca9.jpg

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Is that a brand new genuine SEAT armrest?
If so I bet that weren't cheap.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
I got the grinder out again. Also the spot weld drill and carried on removing all unwanted brackets and bracing on the car. Pulled out the rear beam . Gotta wire wheel the rear arches then I think it's going on it's side and then strip all the under side as well of stone chip and under seal

Reactions: Nizza and Yellow fr

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Fingers crossed that all I have to do is re-tighten the bolts and make sure the gaskets are sitting flush and all will be OK, but hopefully there's nothing expensive wrong. There did seem to be water coming out of either the EGR or anti-shudder valve, so I'm hoping my cleaning it hasn't ruined any seals or something.

I always had this fantasy that anything I did to my car would make it better somehow, but I'm spending half my time these days cleaning out windscreen washer tanks and fixing boot handles. The trouble is when I bought it, I was doing serious miles, and now I'm driving 2,000 miles a year, so it just isn't getting run properly and the engine is getting gunk in it.

Once this is fixed though I'll probably love it again, so give it a few days and it'll be back to the best car I've owned.

One bolt was all it took.

When I did the 6mm bolts on the underside of the EGR valve, I did one up finger tight and then forgot to tighten it up fully. When I put my foot down, the gasket was flapping around and the air escaping sounded like there was a plastic bag flapping about in the engine. Obviously no boost could build up, so I couldn't accelerate.

In the end I'm annoyed at myself for being forgetful, but I'd much rather be annoyed at myself for being a silly ***** than to be shelling out hundreds on replacement parts because the turbo's blown or something.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.