Lcr boost issues solved by using different fuel?

Gazc

Feb 2, 2020
Guy's had my lcr for a couple of weeks now. Bought it with a few known issues but I'm looking for some advice on this. Downpipe was blowing, Thai kindly sort that but on the way back I filled it up with 95 got on the motorway in 6th and it went into limp mode. Tried switching off and on to reset and no joy so pretty much seems to sort it self out whenever it wants to and doesn't boost.

Decided today to start having a look into possible boost leaks etc with vagcom. Went to get some fuel before starting the process and filled again with v power and not sure if it was coincidence but it's like driving a totally different car. Done 50 miles with smiles and wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Cheers Gaz

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
It wouldn’t go into limp mode from 95 Ron fuel.
Might be slightly stuttering or hesitation felt through your bum when gunning it but wouldn’t induce limp mode.
Have you scanned it yet?

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Gazc

Feb 2, 2020
It wouldn’t go into limp mode from 95 Ron fuel.
Might be slightly stuttering or hesitation felt through your bum when gunning it but wouldn’t induce limp mode.
Have you scanned it yet?

Yeah totally get that but it was holding back massively before, confusing?

Yeah it was scanned last week.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Me6XuVHAMeIde_ZEEHOqzvLC9S7Ei2z/view?usp=drivesdk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Quite a few places will do a dyno run for around £30. Dyno it and see if it's running more HP than stock. Also, was the previous owner the first owner? Because maybe it was remapped previously and he didn't realise. But as above, sounds like it's been mapped for a higher octane fuel.

Reactions: Gazc

Gazc

Feb 2, 2020
That link is a waste of time buddy.
Need access etc.
What are your fault codes?

Attachments

• IMG-20200203-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200203-WA0002.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 76

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
If it's the 17705 code then it should only happen from a cold start, and if you turn the ignition off and back on again it should come out of limp mode. If it happens from a warm start or happens again after cycling the igniton on and off, then it's something else.

As others have said, 95 octane won't cause limp mode, but the ECU will pull the timing back and you will lose performance. Even the standard engine should be run on V-power or other 99 octane fuel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gazc and Sparkie

Gazc

Feb 2, 2020
Just thought I would update on this. I have checked for boost leaks none found. Changed some vac hoses no change. Borrowed a freinds n75 and it's changed the car again! Now ticks over a little better and boost is alot better. Not completely solved as surges at higher boost but still loads better. Going to order new n75 for mine anyone have suggestions on best part number to use as I have been told different ones available??? Cheers Gaz

Gazc

Feb 2, 2020
Hi guy's, been round the houses with this as I'm sure many of us have. Just an update and after some advice if possible. Changed n75 seemed a little better then started going back in to some sort of limp mode that it wouldn't come out of. Done diag at work misfire detected on 1 and 4 so changed plugs and coils as it was starting to stumble. At the same time took throttle body off and cleaned also replaced vac hose under the inlet manifold cleared codes. Seems to be running better and no surging on boost. Got vcds running again and took measuring blocks 115 & 120 and logged it. Couldn't make a graph out of the data as no excel on laptop so have extracted some and image attached.
Could anyone tell me if this is standard boost as it seems to be high I calculated it at just over 20psi??? Has it been remapped?
Screenshot_20200329-174439_Gallery.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise