Carista App

silles

May 4, 2017
How does the free trial work? I used it with my device once, what happens if i give the bundle to someone, is she/he gonna get a free trial as well?

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
How does the free trial work? I used it with my device once, what happens if i give the bundle to someone, is she/he gonna get a free trial as well?
It runs from your Apple ID details so your Apple ID has got a month for free, if the new person (your friend) downloads the app and connects to your carista dongle then he would also get a free month using his own Apple ID details

Same for android too with the google play account

Reactions: silles
Jan 17, 2020
I can't seem to make the carbon effect and the different infotainment themes work with carista beta. When I activate these they just don't change anything. I've tried to reach the developer mode as mentioned earlier, but the only thing I seem to activate is "Testmode menue". In this menu the only thing I find is "skin style" in the HMI Debug menu, and even when I press it here it just doesn't do anything. Anybody over here who has an idea what to do?

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
I can't seem to make the carbon effect and the different infotainment themes work with carista beta. When I activate these they just don't change anything. I've tried to reach the developer mode as mentioned earlier, but the only thing I seem to activate is "Testmode menue". In this menu the only thing I find is "skin style" in the HMI Debug menu, and even when I press it here it just doesn't do anything. Anybody over here who has an idea what to do?
Hi @Turb0 I have a 2018 FR and I think I chose option 2 in the skin style menu.Not sure if you have to reset infotainment or not

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
The latest beta for the app says it now includes DPF regeneration tools for VAG. I can't find it anywhere though. Anyone know what's included or where the options are?

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
I have a seat leon fr facelift, i thing i have alarm on the car. In the door i have a mini light and the roof have 2 mini red lights.

In Carista i select alow beep when lock/unlock - beep locking/unlock remote - menu beep - beep when lock/unlock door comes from alarm system. In the radio/configuration menu i select sound alarm activation.

But i don't hear nothing when i lock/unlock.

Something is missing?

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
Does anyone know if you can enable “phase out” indicators with carista? Do you need specific lights for this to work aswell? I know I can’t enable pace indicators as i think you need led lights for that

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Does anyone know if you can enable “phase out” indicators with carista? Do you need specific lights for this to work aswell? I know I can’t enable pace indicators as i think you need led lights for that
I don’t think so, not seen it on the original or beta app. Someone changed the lights to the page version I think but it only last a few days then half of the indicator stopped functioning

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
I just invested in the carista and set the beep option on my cupra 300 but it is a quiet beep where as when I did my wife’s Leon FR it was a loud beep is there any reason for this? Can’t get my head around it

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Oh how annoying! I will have to see if I can take the switch apart and put something red in it as this really annoys me!

I found the menu on the MID but wasn't sure which I need to look at to change the background - I found themes and tried to press the one with SPORT in the title but nothing seemed to happen.

Also struggling to find the extra ambient colours (a search function on Carista could be useful I feel!)

Hi....
I changed skin to carbon as follows....
Developer menu > Service mode > Testmode > HDMI Skin Change > SEAT_STD_SKIN_SPORT_80_S

The Developer Menu has to be enabled in Carista first.

The extra ambient light colours are in the Lights section, but you have to have the beta version to access them.

I made my Mode light red by taking the switch apart and putting red cellophane (from a well known sweet) behind the lens. To remove switch you need to remove air con panel and then the switch just unclips. Then just carefully prise apart the two halves.

Hope this helps

Edit: You can change the Instrument Cluster LCD background to Carbon using Carista (Instruments/Display/Dings) but again you need the beta verion

Last edited:

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
Has anyone managed to get the coming home and leaving home functions to work via Carista? I’ve changed my lighting dial to one with an auto lights sensor (which works flawlessly) and I really want the leaving home function to work. it’s activated and I can see the option in the infotainment display.

Any help appreciated.

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Has anyone managed to get the coming home and leaving home functions to work via Carista? I’ve changed my lighting dial to one with an auto lights sensor (which works flawlessly) and I really want the leaving home function to work. it’s activated and I can see the option in the infotainment display.

Any help appreciated.
Are you using the beta version?

I have the following set, but they are all in beta version.

Coming-home lights ENABLED
Leaving-home lights (req. auto headlights) (step 1 of 2) ENABLED
Leaving-home lights (req. auto headlights) (step 2 of 2) ENABLED
Leaving-home lights duration 30 SEC.
Menu for coming/leaving-home lights duration ENABLED
Coming-home lights mode AUTOMATIC: WHEN IT'S DARK
Coming-home lights trigger WHEN DOOR IS OPENED

Edit: I did this after retro fit of auto lights/wipers

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
Are you using the beta version?

I have the following set, but they are all in beta version.

Coming-home lights ENABLED
Leaving-home lights (req. auto headlights) (step 1 of 2) ENABLED
Leaving-home lights (req. auto headlights) (step 2 of 2) ENABLED
Leaving-home lights duration 30 SEC.
Menu for coming/leaving-home lights duration ENABLED
Coming-home lights mode AUTOMATIC: WHEN IT'S DARK
Coming-home lights trigger WHEN DOOR IS OPENED

Edit: I did this after retro fit of auto lights/wipers
Thanks. Yes I have the beta and I THINK this is how I have mine set up but I’ll check. does the auto wiper mod mean adding a sensor behind the rear view mirror? Presumably that’s different to what I’ve done where the light sensor comes out of the lighting dial.

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Thanks. Yes I have the beta and I THINK this is how I have mine set up but I’ll check. does the auto wiper mod mean adding a sensor behind the rear view mirror? Presumably that’s different to what I’ve done where the light sensor comes out of the lighting dial.
Yes it does. There's a (humidity) sensor there already.... just for light I think and you swap it for a light/rain one. I think the one you're talking about is something to do with dimming the instrument lights. But I could be wrong. Maybe someone else could confirm that.

EDIT: try looking here....

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/rain-light-sensor-coding-mk3-fr.421370/

EDIT 2: Sorry, that is using OBDEleven. Try this...

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/retro-fit-auto-lights.443686/

it uses a separate sensor, making me think it's not the one you mention. This looks like an alternative if you haven't got a sensor behind your rear view mirror. Although, if you have climatic control you should have the humidity sensor

Last edited:

MatTheMerciless

Feb 16, 2019
thanks that’s spot on. Mine is the second link where there’s a sensor on the switch.

For the life of me, I can’t get the leaving home function working. that’s the one I really want. It would be massively helpful.
manual arriving home works fine. I think I might need to use oDbeleven to code in auto lights.

Anyone else struggled to get leaving home lights working?

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Just got my Carista as I borrowed one for the one click mirrors and Dealer reset it after a recall.

It said that the customisations was a PREMIUM item so needed to subscribe then free for a month.
No problem I get it.
I thought that some things were free on it and this was one? Does anyone know what they are?

Also has anyone enabled the 'LOCK CAR WHEN KEY IS OUTSIDE CAR [AND YOU HAVE LEFT IT']
[That was what me old Renno RS did with keyless. As you walked away it locked. I liked that.

PLUS I hate all the washer fluid 'deluging' the bonnet what are the suggestions for a good delay or number of washes before it kicks in

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
I just invested in the carista and set the beep option on my cupra 300 but it is a quiet beep where as when I did my wife’s Leon FR it was a loud beep is there any reason for this? Can’t get my head around it

I believe theres different options, one for the alarm to make the sound or one for the horn? might be worth checking. Mine is set to the alarm and is fairly loud.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Hi all,

Just trawled through 33 pages but couldn’t establish is the headlight washer delay is a beta setting or included as standard now?

I saw some reference that beta was closed now for the Leon (facelift FR)...most of the options I want are already enabled on my spec fortunately but the constant headlight wash is frustrating already as need to fill bottle within a week at the moment so would like to order Carista and change this setting or is it something dealer can do? Wasn’t sure about all the debugging info for beta...does that provide any sensitive data or just car settings?

Thanks all

Geoff

Feb 6, 2019
Hi,

My car is about to go in for a safety recall and as part of this I believe they will reset my system and I will no longer have my Carista app modifications. The only one I really care about is the park pilot display so I am keen not to lose that. As I am no longer in beta program does anyone know if this feature is now available in the normal app (i am happy to pay for it)?

Thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.