Sorry Seat/Cupra, Skoda has you beat in the looks department...

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
...those who know me or have read my build thread will know I had a soft sport for the Mk 3 Octavia (before they ruined the front end with the facelift). But when it comes to the Mk4, the Octavia wins hands down.

Don;t get me wrong, not hating on the Mk 4 Leon, I think the Cupra one in estate form at Launch looks good (despite the hate on some of the FB groups). But the Mk4 VRS looks brilliant. Pity it won;t get a 310 engine...

Reactions: paddy6789

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
That rear end is so nice!
Still not a fan of the front grill and the wheels look too small in the massive wheel arch gaps!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That rear end is nice and the colour is also good haha

I've not been a fan of a saloon for a while now like you I prefer an estate looks

I like the over the top big breath on the video for a 245bhp car I don't get that with my 265bhp hatch lol unless he just nearly hit a badger haha

With a new car you can only assume it's qualities to something else you know instead of being new as nothing is a direct fit and exactly the same... It's a strange world

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Reminds me of this

p90323672_highres.jpg

Reactions: Damo H

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I don't get that with myhatch lol unless he just nearly hit a badger haha

I hit a badger. I couldn't stop or swerve in time... figured I'd line it up between the wheels to "save it". The thud reminded me I'd lowered my car.

Reactions: Maypack

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I hit a badger. I couldn't stop or swerve in time... figured I'd line it up between the wheels to "save it". The thud reminded me I'd lowered my car.

In my driving history, I’ve hit (not in order) A Badger, A Rabbit, A Fox and I’ve driven right over the top of an adult Stag . Strangely not hit any sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
In my driving history, I’ve hit (not in order) A Badger, A Rabbit, A Fox and I’ve driven right over the top of an adult Stag . Strangely not hit any sheep.

That's cause sheep only move when your not looking at them. I had to wait to join the A34 cause of a family of ducks.
upload_2020-3-4_10-36-50.png

Reactions: Maypack

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
...those who know me or have read my build thread will know I had a soft sport for the Mk 3 Octavia (before they ruined the front end with the facelift). But when it comes to the Mk4, the Octavia wins hands down.

Don;t get me wrong, not hating on the Mk 4 Leon, I think the Cupra one in estate form at Launch looks good (despite the hate on some of the FB groups). But the Mk4 VRS looks brilliant. Pity it won;t get a 310 engine...

It will no doubt come with a more exiting choice of colours too.
I had a race blue mk2 for 13 years, loved it. Only sold it last year to keep the LCR as my hobby car.
Not keen on the front end but I can’t wait to see both the mk4 leon and VRS in the metal ( not that I’m in the market for either)

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Have to say the interior of the Vrs looks about a million times better than the new Cupra. OK, it's still got that afterthought iPad glued to the dash, but that dash appears to be covered in Alcantara/Microfibre and looks sooo much more upmarket.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Just not a fan of Skodas design. Once they get dirty they look 20 years old.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.