what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Where? £££ can you feel the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I took it out for a good drive last night around familiar roads and you notice the extra power definitely even just pottering it feels like it has more behind it. It just feels more urgent and peak torque in say 4th is amusing. I had a guy in York do it and he was very good and thorough.

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019
can you feel the difference

I've had a DTUK box on my 184 FR before with a 'claimed' increase to 245. I'm sure it wasn't actually 245, but there was a big difference.

More power throughout the entire rev range, much easier to spin the wheels in 1st, and it held power past 5000rpm - it usually starts to drop off a little after 4000.

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
I've had a DTUK box on my 184 FR before with a 'claimed' increase to 245. I'm sure it wasn't actually 245, but there was a big difference.

More power throughout the entire rev range, much easier to spin the wheels in 1st, and it held power past 5000rpm - it usually starts to drop off a little after 4000.

There Chelmsford aren’t they. Much closer for me

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
There Chelmsford aren’t they. Much closer for me

The guy that did mine will travel tbf. Alternatively he used a Black Codes remap with the Performance map (although I didn’t want to go full power as worried about reliability etc) If you contact Black Codes they will distribute your enquiry to your nearest franchisee

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
Does any have any idea what this may be ?

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 189

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Does any have any idea what this may be ?

Difficult to see from the photo. If it wipes off with tar remover it's likely to be tree sap. If it doesn't then it could be microblisters in the paint. How old is the car? Has it been resprayed/repaired?

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
The car is 18 months ....
Nope hasn't been repaired resprayed ...
Never the less I will try the tar remover ..even thought tried claybar didn't do much

I am not a paint expert but they do not feel /look like microblisters as you can't really feel them by hand ..and this is the weird think

Last edited:

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Last weekend left Grey one at the dealership parking. Had test with alhambra fr line for few days...car is ok,a lot of space, confortable ride,dsg....
When sit back into leon,after first turn,had smille on my face. Missed him!

This weekend is Grey one at my friend. In much needed detailing/cleaning spa

Poslano z mojega SM-G390F z uporabo Tapatalk

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
Left work this evening to find I had a flat rear tyre.

So grateful I bought a genuine spare off ebay and had a jack and tools in the car.

Will take it to the garage tomorrow. Does it look repairable?

IMG_20200310_181947.jpg

IMG_20200310_184759.jpg

RichL

Oct 21, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
Took it into the bodyshop to get the front bumper repaired/resprayed. :( Last Thursday in the piddling rain someone reversed into it in the company car park after their reversing sensors failed. At least they admitted fault so I ought to get my excess back.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Is it normal that my Leon’s a bit jerky when left in second gear in traffic without applying much acceleration?

my previous car was an Ibiza and I could leave it in second from one end of the traffic to the finish no problem and do clutch control without been jerky, but trying crawl in second in my Leon and attempting clutch control in traffic when it slows then ends up a bit jerky, you’re talking 5-10 mph until before I actually apply gas to move quicker.
If it’s a 2018ish 1.5 then unfortunately yes mines the same...search for ‘kangaroo’ if you’re not already aware of the issue.

I’m getting used to it and avoid it 80% of the time now...it’s no biggie as far as I’m concerned.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.