How to install a water methanol system

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019

Tank and pump mounted in the rear. I chose to mount them both in sight because they look awesome, and to remind me that they're there so I don't put a suitcase in the boot and it causes damage. The wiring will be tidied up a bit, I'll make a slit in the carpet to just the wires and of course put the trim panels back. You want to mount the tank higher than the pump so gravity will help the inlet side of the pump.
2020-02-24%2015.45.18.jpg

I took this piece as it can hide all the wiring, is close to the fuse panel and is easily reachable from the driver seat. I was considering using the ash tray area but the LEDs would constantly be in my eyes. The steering wheel and my arm cover the LEDs while I'm driving if I'm not looking at them, and when I want to I just move my head a little bit.

Red LED = Low level warning - I just need to change some of the wiring for this to work properly
Green LED - lets me know when the meth is spraying (wired between the pump and relay so basically when the pump draws water/meth it lights up)
Switch - to control the whole system. If for any reason something goes wrong or I go very low on water/meth I can switch the whole system off for safety.
Random bolt with a nut on the other side to mount the relay on the back of this panel.

I also left sufficient space for the OBDII port on the back of this so it pops back in OEM as you can see
2020-02-24%2015.45.37.jpg

Engine bay is looking more cool with each mod. You can see the DevilsOwn nozzle (upside down) mounted to the AKS throttle body spacer. The hose runs to the passenger side of the engine bay where the boost pressure switch is. You can also see the boost tap which takes boost readings from the PCV system and then a cheap eBay host to connect to the boost switch. I think I mounted the DV slightly wonky because the boost pipe connected to it is touching the manifold very slightly, but I can fix soon.

2020-02-24%2015.46.11.jpg

The boost pressure switch temporarily mounted to some wiring with a cable tie so I can adjust the psi that meth is sprayed. The stage 1 kit has an adjustable cog so you can set the boost pressure that the system kicks in, between 6 and 30 PSI. I wanted to mount this near the (I think) N75 connector plug but couldn't mount it where I can still access the back incase I want to change boost trigger, when I decide to upgrade the turbo or go further.

2020-02-24%2015.46.16.jpg

And last but not least, the meth! My work laptop search history looks really dodgy and the cyber security team must be watching me... It's full of "cheap meth near me", "meth suppliers", "chemical suppliers near me" :givein:

2020-02-23%2016.19.33.jpg

Reactions: paddy6789

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Great guide! Are you running a map to use it with, or are you using it for cooling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Paddy! Right now I'm just using it for cooling, it helped immensely on my track day. I have called R-tech who did my Stage 2+ map and they said the ECU will correct itself anyway, but when I go stage 3 they can map this in.

There's a lot of risk when mapping this in because if the water meth runs out you can do serious damage to your engine. A perfect scenario would be a map switch to with meth and one without, but I don't think that's an option with the MK2s from R-tech.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise