Full Link Activation

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
From memory some dealers will charge up to £180 to have it activated. Costly but I wouldn’t be without mine. However mine was activated when I bought my car.

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
FullLink is similar to Android Auto, and should be enabled as a default. Using your phone's charging cable, jack it in to the usb port on the central console, just below the infotainment unit. Select the icon on the infotainment screen that corresponds to the settings (looks like an 8-squared bar of chocolate). I think the actual button actually says FULL LINK. Press that, and a screen should open up which should show options. I have a Samsung phone, so my screen shows at the top SAMSUNG, then below it, it offers ANDROID AUTO, or FULL LINK. If you are intending to use Android Auto, select that on the screen. If your phone has a bespoke app (in my case, Samsung Car Mode), that should be your FullLink option.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
FullLink is similar to Android Auto, and should be enabled as a default.

Not all versions of a model come with full link activated. Anyone who has bought a Leon CUPRA will have it activated but you will find owners of S and SE models do not have it activated by default.

Any car that doesn’t have it activated will have to pay a dealer to activate it. There is no workaround using Carista, OVDEleven or other connectable device. Dealer Otis is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
If I had 1€ for everytime people confuse MirrorLink with Full link :)
...I guess it is VAG's fault for naming it like that.

Full link includes:
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
- MirrorLink
... MirrorLink is rubbish, since it needs to be licensed and it only works on a handful of phones (mostly Samsung) and with a handful of apps.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.