Leon St Boot gas struts

Stewart1989

Dec 18, 2019
I know alot of people have been asking about the gas struts on the Leon estate. So I have attached the ebay listing I bought from. I bought these on Friday and came today.... All the way from Poland! It took me a whole of 5 minutes to do and think it's a great touch.

https://www.ebay.pl/itm/283611493199

St.

Reactions: paddy6789

Steve J

May 26, 2019
Would these put more pressure on the boot lock and wear it out faster?

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Thanks for this OP, ordered a set and delivered in 5 days. Really easy to fit but make sure you twist them to the correct orientation first before you remove a strut otherwise you'll be supporting the boot lid with your head whilst swearing at this surprise :)

Otherwise really easy to fit and make a great improvement!

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
Ordered Cheers op look good even though I’m probably gonna sell it but will swap them back if I do and flog them on

Jun 1, 2020
These are now out of stock does anyone know where I can find gas struts that will fully open boot for Leon st

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
These are now out of stock does anyone know where I can find gas struts that will fully open boot for Leon st
Mate mine should of been delivered today but looks like ups are having a melt down so hopefully get them tomorrow anyway my st has been sold so these are no use to me now if you pay what I paid plus p n p to you your welcome to them cheers

Jun 1, 2020
These are now out of stock does anyone know where I can find gas struts that will fully open boot.
Mate mine should of been delivered today but looks like ups are having a melt down so hopefully get them tomorrow anyway my st has been sold so these are no use to me now if you pay what I paid plus p n p to you your welcome to them cheers
cheers mate but I’ve manage to get them they re back up for sale

Reactions: Theporter

Sean Ryan

May 2, 2020
Hey lads,

Is there any special features required to install this, have a 2016 ST, does the locking mechanism release when you press the fob button? I assumed when unlocking the boot from the fob that you still had to pull the handle to release the closing mech from the body.

Sean

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
You just hold down the boot release button on your remote key fob, it releases the lock and the bootlid rises up.

Bouloama

Aug 10, 2018
How does this compare to the other bootlifters? These would wear down the lock quickly due to the constant pressure that it put on it.

Damo what is your experience, heavy to close the lid?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
How does this compare to the other bootlifters? These would wear down the lock quickly due to the constant pressure that it put on it.

Damo what is your experience, heavy to close the lid?
Can't see it making that much difference on the lock. If you have the standard struts and hold down the button, they have enough pressure to push it off the lock anyway. Just not enough to lift it.

As for closing pressure. I generally close the boot with one swing, I can still do that, but have to add a bit more force to make sure it shuts. The momentum give its enough to shut. Plus they're brand new so when arrived where fully extended. I've found when the standard ones are left open for too long (filling the boot with sound deadener for example) become very stiff to close. But when closed again for a while they're easy again.

Reactions: Bouloama
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members