Remap vs box

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
Hi all

I’m looking to remap my ST 300 4Drive but not sure on whether to go for a Revo remap or a tuning box from DTUK. I’ve only ever used DTUK and never had an issue in the past but understand Revo is one of the best out there for remaps. I own the car so no issues there and warranty will be up soon too.

so the questions would be

1. Revo or DTUK(or maybe ABT)
2. If Revo then does the agent make much difference? I’m half way between LVG Lincoln and Volksworld in Louth and both are Revo dealers

I suppose the other question I need to ask myself is do I need more than 300bhp............did I just ask that

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Remap gives better gains but traceable and will null and void any warranty

tuning box can be removed if causes any issues and maintains warranty but not as big a gain as a remap

all depends what you require

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
Rather than revo maybe look at a custom map. Could be cheaper and custom to your car. You have good tuners around an hour to 1.5 hours away. Rs tuning in Leeds, jabba sport in Peterborough (used to be big in these forums) I'm sure there is a good one in Nottingham but can't remember the name. P torque is probably a bit far as that near Wolverhampton.

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Hi all

I’m looking to remap my ST 300 4Drive but not sure on whether to go for a Revo remap or a tuning box from DTUK. I’ve only ever used DTUK and never had an issue in the past but understand Revo is one of the best out there for remaps. I own the car so no issues there and warranty will be up soon too.

so the questions would be

1. Revo or DTUK(or maybe ABT)
2. If Revo then does the agent make much difference? I’m half way between LVG Lincoln and Volksworld in Louth and both are Revo dealers

I suppose the other question I need to ask myself is do I need more than 300bhp............did I just ask that

@fluffy01016....I too have a St 300 4Drive and have been running revo stage1 for nearly 3 years and tcu stage1 for around 20 months. 300bhp is a lot of power in these cars but I can assure you the extra bhp from revo will put a massive smile on your face when installed. Never had a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
@fluffy01016....I too have a St 300 4Drive and have been running revo stage1 for nearly 3 years and tcu stage1 for around 20 months. 300bhp is a lot of power in these cars but I can assure you the extra bhp from revo will put a massive smile on your face when installed. Never had a problem.

Thanks. Does the TCU make much difference to everyday driving? Most the time I’m in comfort mode with the family in the car and wouldn’t want it to be to aggressive

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Thanks. Does the TCU make much difference to everyday driving? Most the time I’m in comfort mode with the family in the car and wouldn’t want it to be to aggressive

@fluffy01016...yes it’s does make a difference but in a good way. It feels a lot smoother in gear change when in comfort mode. When you use sport or cupra mode in auto it becomes a different beast. Only used launch control a couple of times and that is @%#£ing hilarious.

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
@fluffy01016...yes it’s does make a difference but in a good way. It feels a lot smoother in gear change when in comfort mode. When you use sport or cupra mode in auto it becomes a different beast. Only used launch control a couple of times and that is @%#£ing hilarious.

Thanks. Looks like I’ll try the Revo route when the warranty is up

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members