MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Just noticed today that my battery cover is missing. Only realised there should be a top cover part after Betts said his was missing.

I also think a plasic cover is missing off the negative terminal?

Attachments

• 20200405_205022.jpg
    20200405_205022.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 137

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Just noticed today that my battery cover is missing. Only realised there should be a top cover part after Betts said his was missing.

I also think a plasic cover is missing off the negative terminal?

Mine is identical.

Screenshot_20200406-115457.jpg

Reactions: Rowan83

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Thanks. Is this perfectly normal then as a few other members have covers over the top?

I hadn't noticed mine was missing until you posted that pic. I think normally there should be covers for both terminals, going to check with my dealer.

Reactions: Tivver500

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Fairly sure mine only has the positive terminal covered too, which is exactly the same as most previous cars. Wouldn't worry about it, if it's deemed unnecessary it'll have been removed, might not seem much but saving £2 per item manufacturing something superfluous on a scale that car manufacturers work adds up to a hell of a lot of money

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Fairly sure mine only has the positive terminal covered too, which is exactly the same as most previous cars. Wouldn't worry about it, if it's deemed unnecessary it'll have been removed, might not seem much but saving £2 per item manufacturing something superfluous on a scale that car manufacturers work adds up to a hell of a lot of money

Yes the negative terminal cover isn't really needed as it is grounded to the car and won't spark if it would touch the bonnet by mistake so nothing to worry about, just found it odd it was missing.

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
Ordered Cupra 290 Jan 17 was told last week waiting allocation to a ship, currently there is a delay ln vehicles leaving all our ports at present. Not sure if I should cancel or not

At the moment I'd rather have a car sat waiting ship allocation than sat on my drive with just the delivery mileage on it at £300 a month.

Reactions: daniel_ley

Andrew Rae

Mar 5, 2020
Anyone have any knowledge of this? I’m not going through AVC but according to them, deliveries and collections are now back on? Anyone know any different?

Attachments

• FBE98A0F-0B9A-45A0-9BF3-1001F88B474D.jpeg
    FBE98A0F-0B9A-45A0-9BF3-1001F88B474D.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 134

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Depending on the funder some are now delivering/ collecting, I’ve ordered through Zen who are not currently delivering, I will just keep my current car until things get moving again.

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
It would’ve been nice to have received a call or email from SEAT with an update regarding the situation, but I suppose that’s too much trouble.
Would have been nice for zen to call with an update, my car has been in the country since end of feb.

ShowaddyRoddy

Sep 1, 2016
Northampton, UK
Would have been nice for zen to call with an update, my car has been in the country since end of feb.

That’s outrageous! You must be fuming!
I’ve had no contact with SEAT since February, when they informed me that my order had gone through and they’d inform me of a build date, etc. I shouldn’t have to chase them. It’s my money they want.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise