MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

SulCupra

Mar 1, 2020
Something wrong there then, my car was with Zen, arrived into Grimsby on 8/3 and delivered to me 24/3

Mine also arrived at Grimsby on the 8th March. Was due for delivery on the 27th but got cancelled. Which dealer did yours come from?

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Ah! My brother's came from there. Mine is from North Wales Seat. Are you enjoying it?
It's got plenty of kick to it, thats for sure. My 'fun' car is a 3.0 Z4 with a straight 6, the Cupra could quite easily leave it for dead once you get over the FWD grip limitations, I'm sure. Certainly feels like it picks up a lot faster when rolling, but I expect thats more down to the smart auto box and the bucket loads of torque the engine spits out.

Doesn't quite have the sound of a de-res'd Straight 6 engine/exhaust though :clap:

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Mine was in country mid Feb and got delivered on 5th March (just in time to drive to Gatwick for hols).
Now got just over 700 miles on it...... should be run in by June!!!
My Seat dealer group has been shutdown since 24th March.....

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
No, I am pointing out my car was in the country 3 weeks before lockdown and the dealers were useless.
My car arrived just over a week earlier than yours and was delivered about 2 weeks later. As soon as i knew which ship the car was on (about 2 weeks before it arrived in the UK) i was on the blower to the dealer organising a delivery slot. My car was not actually confirmed to be delivered until about 8 hours before it was on my drive, otherwise i'd of had to wait another two weeks.

Some people just need a push (with a very sharp pointy stick)

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Mine will be a year old in July! That has flown by. Only managed about 3.5k miles and I think it will still be under 4k by the time it's a year old.
Hopefully the garages are open in time for it's first service.
Awesome car, I can see myself keeping this one for a long time.

Reactions: Loadmaster748

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Mine is sat at 380 miles lol

just put a Ebay battery cover on only because I read it could cause issues if not

also put my k&n air filter in now it’s past 300 miles

can’t wait to open her up it’s killing me keeping it under 4000 revs

Apr 16, 2020
Hi guys,
please bear with me because this is the first time to actually post anything on a blog before (I always used to read but never posted hahahha- i know its pretty late but better late than never)
So i just got the Leon Cupra 290 2.0 Tsi 5dr 6 speed DSG (with the copper seat logo), however the car comes with the 19inch rims 235/35/R19, and the streets in Egypt are pretty nasty alot of potholes etc ...
I am aware that the 18 inch rims fit ...

My question is : will the 17 inch rims fit my cupra ? will there be any issue with the brake size ? Has anyone fitted a 17inch before and tried it out ? and what is the recommended tire size for a 17 inch rims. If there are any pics can someone please post them so i can see how they look.
Thanks guys
OT

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Hi guys,
please bear with me because this is the first time to actually post anything on a blog before (I always used to read but never posted hahahha- i know its pretty late but better late than never)
So i just got the Leon Cupra 290 2.0 Tsi 5dr 6 speed DSG (with the copper seat logo), however the car comes with the 19inch rims 235/35/R19, and the streets in Egypt are pretty nasty alot of potholes etc ...
I am aware that the 18 inch rims fit ...

My question is : will the 17 inch rims fit my cupra ? will there be any issue with the brake size ? Has anyone fitted a 17inch before and tried it out ? and what is the recommended tire size for a 17 inch rims. If there are any pics can someone please post them so i can see how they look.
Thanks guys
OT

According to the company I got my wheels from, minimum is 18" wheels due to the brake calipers, he did a search on the computer, so that's what I got for my winter wheels. If you have the big brake kit 19" is minimum.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Guys when your in comfort and knock it into sport on the gear stick does it turn the soundaktor into sport also ?

how do I disconnect the soundaktor is it easy ? plug and play ?

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Guys when your in comfort and knock it into sport on the gear stick does it turn the soundaktor into sport also ?

Not on my ST it doesn't. Only time the soundaktor does anything is when I select Cupra mode...... Does bring a grin up (shouldn't really do for a 70 year old driver but who cares!!)

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019

You can easily disable it using Carista, was the first thing I did when I got my car. You can also physically disconnect the cable but I've not tried that as it was not needed since I had Carista.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Is it just me who really doesn't mind having a bit of extra noise? Yeah sure it's not 'real', but does it matter? Or perhaps this is just due to my other car being a straight 6 with a modded exhaust, even in Cupra mode the Leon sounds quiet to what I'm used to...

Reactions: Kirky
Jan 13, 2020
Chaps,

Had a Cupra 290 lease on order back in mid Jan, with an expected delivery date of mid-May.

Now obviously this won't be the case any more as there's supply chain issues plus the factory is shut.

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat - with their car waiting to be built? I'm now thinking best case delivery delayed by a few months, worst case no car built. Thinking whether to cancel or not depending on the cost.

I also ordered a Cupra 290 Lux back in Mid Jan. Just out of interest I chased the order up today with Seat UK, expecting to be told it was still in build. Surprisingly, my car has been delivered to the dealership and has already been assigned a registration number. This is the first I knew of it because the dealership is currently shut.

Your new car might not be as far away as you may think. :)

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Nope, hoping not to hear from them. Don't really want to start paying for a car i cant drive for the foreseeable...
My current car being collected in a couple of weeks, and got a commute to do as still working, didn’t fancy extending it so gonna borrow a car in the meantime off a mate until zen make contact.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.